• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt collector letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt collector letters

My mother is a non-driver, 78 yrs old and received a debt collector( DCBL) letter threatening removal of goods, property charge, inhibitions, damaged credit rating or earnings arrestment (she works 4 hrs per week as a cleaner) on behalf of highview parking. I drive the car owned by my mother when she needs me, additionally, my husband and I have use of the car on a daily basis. The date referred to is 13/03/17 and I'm certain I can't recall where I was driving or parking nearly 3 years ago. Should I call highview parking or the debt collectors to deal with this. My mother's terrified.* *I should add, the parking 'event' referred to is in Scotland, and my mother's address is in Scotland,as is mine.* DCBL issued a 'Notice of Debt recovery' dated 13th Dec 2019, received 28th Dec 2019 and then a 'PreEnforcement letter' on 9th Jan 2020 received 15th January. DCBL paperwork lists an office in Hamilton, Scotland, Highview Parking have a P.O Box address in Barnet
    Last edited by Pamjos; 16th January 2020, 18:10:PM.
    Tags: None

ostell is the best person to help you, tagged them as it might not be obvious from the title this is their area.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
      ostell is the best person to help you, tagged them as it might not be obvious from the title this is their area.
      Thanks so much, I'm new on the forum and a bit unsure as to how to ask the question in the right place/to the right person!

Comment

Originally posted by Pamjos View Post

Thanks so much, I'm new on the forum and a bit unsure as to how to ask the question in the right place/to the right person!
        That's okay, they'll be along when they can to help.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Ok, I searched historic emails and I have sent this on to highview in relation to this date*
          ''Either myself or my husband were driving my mother's vehicle on 13-3-17.
          We were shopping and at various appointments between 11am and *2.30 when we returned to collect my daughter 2.55pm.
          You will have surely recorded our entry to the car park twice in the relevant time and likewise our exit twice?

For this reason, I will not be paying in respect of your speculative invoice.''* * *They replied 4th May2017* ''
          Thank you for your correspondence concerning your Parking Charge Notice.
          The PCN was issued and the signage is displayed in compliance with The British Parking Association’s Approved Operator Scheme Code of Practice and all relevant laws and regulations. Clear signs at the entrance of this site and throughout inform drivers of the terms and conditions that apply there. We can confirm we have no record of your vehicle revisiting the site and we have no grounds to reconsider your case.
          Your representations have been carefully considered but in light of the above, on this occasion, your appeal has been refused.
          We can confirm that we will hold the charge at the current rate of £90.00 for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence, after which the full amount will be due.
          Yours faithfully,
          Highview Parking Limited''* *I have not been aware of my mother receiving any correspondence since then. I had assumed they were not pursuing it

Comment

Anyone able to advise should I call debt collector company?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X