• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EECA v Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EECA v Smart Parking

Hi, I'm here on behalf of my mother who was issued a PCN for overstaying in Haven Banks retail park carpark (Exeter - so England rather than NI), operated by Smart Parking. I'd received a PCN at the same carpark a year ago and went down the advised route of not disclosing the name of the driver and stating the reasons why the fine was invalid and, fortunately, it was waived. However, like KARABASH's original post, my mum had moved house and not updated her address and so the first she knew of the alledged offence (02/08/18) was the DRP Ltd letter demanding £160 which she received well past the appeal date after having finally updated the registered address of the car. My mum gave me the notice but said my brother had called DRP who naturally didn't want to know. She wasn't sure what he said, but I have a feeling my brother probably let them know who was driving, however I still went to the appeals page of Smart Parking and sent them the same letter I'd used myself , adding that Smart Parking had no evidence visible to my mum detailing how much time had been paid for - my mother swears she paid the full amount and was back in time, she was certainly exited within two hours (1 hour 59 minutes according to the in and out times) but I can't state for certain she paid the correct amount - but the timing certainly suggests that she thought she'd paid for two hours. Smart Parking has responded, or rather DRP has, simply stating that she overstayed and the PCN was correctly and legitimately issued as a result. She now has until 23/10 to pay the £160.

Advice gratefully received please...
    Last edited by EECA; 14th October 2018, 20:21:PM. Reason: added that this was in England not NI
    Tags: None

Please delete your entry and start your own thread so that you don't confuse some one else's case.

Comment

Pls could you tell me how to delete it? I'd realised I shouldn't have posted here just after I did but couldn't find any means of retracting it. Not wanting to further complicate by adding two copies I left it here.
      Apologies.

Comment

I'll move it for you xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi this is a copy of a post from a couple of days ago that I placed wrongly. Many apologies for my error. Anyway, here it is again, with luck one of you clued-up members will be able to point us in the right direction.

I'm here on behalf of my mother who was issued a PCN for overstaying in Haven Banks retail park carpark (Exeter - so England rather than NI), operated by Smart Parking. I'd received a PCN at the same carpark a year ago and went down the advised route of not disclosing the name of the driver and stating the reasons why the fine was invalid and, fortunately, it was waived. However, like KARABASH's original post, my mum had moved house and not updated her address and so the first she knew of the alledged offence (02/08/18) was the DRP Ltd letter demanding £160 which she received well past the appeal date after having finally updated the registered address of the car. My mum gave me the notice but said my brother had called DRP who naturally didn't want to know. She wasn't sure what he said, but I have a feeling my brother probably let them know who was driving, however I still went to the appeals page of Smart Parking and sent them the same letter I'd used myself , adding that Smart Parking had no evidence visible to my mum detailing how much time had been paid for - my mother swears she paid the full amount and was back in time, she was certainly exited within two hours (1 hour 59 minutes according to the in and out times) but I can't state for certain she paid the correct amount - but the timing certainly suggests that she thought she'd paid for two hours. Smart Parking has responded, or rather DRP has, simply stating that she overstayed and the PCN was correctly and legitimately issued as a result. She now has until 23/10 to pay the £160.

Advice gratefully received please...

Comment

Forget about DRP, they can do nothing and can do nothing if you appeal to them.

What was on the Notice to keeper that arrived? Post it up with identifying details redacted but leave the dates. If you have not got a copy then a SAR to Smart asking for it.

Hope you haven't identified who was driving !!

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              Forget about DRP, they can do nothing and can do nothing if you appeal to them.

What was on the Notice to keeper that arrived? Post it up with identifying details redacted but leave the dates. If you have not got a copy then a SAR to Smart asking for it.

Hope you haven't identified who was driving !!
              Well therein lies the problem. The original Notice to Keeper was never received as it was sent to an old address, as you suggest I'll SAR Smart Parking. Once my mother had updated her address, the DRP letter arrived which she then gave to my brother to look at. He phoned them (DRP not Smart Parking); I don't know what he said, but I doubt he was clued in enough not to identify the driver. I'm trying to get him to get in touch with me to find out what he said.
              Last edited by EECA; 17th October 2018, 13:03:PM. Reason: Additional bit of text

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X