• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello!! Need some steer on a Penalty Charge Notice from UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!! Need some steer on a Penalty Charge Notice from UKPC

Hi
    I recently received a PCN from UKPC. On the day that I parked, the meter was not working with an A4 note cello-taped on saying "Notice No Coins Accepted Pay by Phone only".
    I appealed and they replied to say that the signage advises drivers that a valid payment may be made through the mobile app Park Mobile.
    Identity of the driver has not been given to the parking company.
    Can you advise which forum to use for my question?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dottyk; 11th October 2018, 07:56:AM.
    Tags: None

I'll move the thread to the Parking forum for you. ostell

How would people park if they don't have a phone?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The response from the parking company will be that if you couldn't pay then the driver should not have parked. Was this a car park connected to a business? If it was have you complained to the business.

Has the identity of the driver been given to the parking company? Simple Yes or No. If No then edit your fist post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Comment

It was not a business. It is a residential area.
        It's the usual story, I park there all the time and use change. I popped over to a friend and did not have a credit card with me, only cash. Oversight on my part but it is what it is.
        I am interested to know if there is any precedent I can follow as their machine was broken. Is an alternative of downloading an app a legally acceptable alternative??

Comment

It depends on what the signs actually say. Can you get a photo of the signs please

Comment

Hi
            Here's the meter.
            I tried to take a photo of any signs in the area a few days ago but it looks like UKPC no longer run this parking lot as the signage was for another company. My item is from early Aug.

Thanks

Comment

Has the new company fixed the meter? Have you checked on google streetview whether the original UKPC signs are in place and visible ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
                The new company has not placed any meter. It's very strange, new signs are in place but the meter is gone.
                I checked streetview but that area is not covered. I did find a sign on google images and have attached.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X