• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Rejection Under CRA 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rejection Under CRA 2015

Hi All i would be grateful for your help as I've been reading a fair few stories on here which have been very helpful.

I purchased a used car from a dealership on 13/12/2023 it was a 2020 reg 10k miles, part exchange value of my Car £4151, £99 deposit paid on credit card, remainder paid on debit card.
    I had an issue that the car wasn't starting this happened on 14/12/2023 and then again on 18/12/2023, I allowed the dealer the chance to repair they had the vehicle 19/12-28/12, on 16/12/2024 the fault re appeared this time not starting for over 5 hours, I contacted the dealer they had no courtesy cars available and said they would help get it sorted, heard nothing from them, 18/01/2024 again the car failed to start all day so I filed my rejection letter, I did offer to take another car from their dealership and pay extra towards it as it was available immediately but no response to this offer. I believe because of them having my car for the 9 days my 30 day right to reject was extended for this period of time so I was cutting it fine for timing. Barely any contact from the dealership, nothing in writing until 23/01/2024 to acknowledge the rejection and to say they needed the mileage and they would collect the car and give me a full refund. 26/01/2024 car was collected on a low loader (with no prior notice) and all documents including the v5 were handed over, they signed it back into their name on 27/01/2024 via DVLA. To date I have received no correspondence and no refund. I have spoken with the credit card company regarding a Section 75 but unsure if this will cover me for the part ex value of my old vehicle. I have also today sent a letter before action. They are pretty much ignoring my phone calls at this point as I've called off other phones and they answer immediately to then be told I will get my refund in 3 working days (this was on Monday) no money still, and I work in Finance I know how BACS payments work and it would have appeared by now if they intended on paying it. Where do I go from here is there any other steps I can take to help myself on this journey. Currently no car, out of pocket £14250, as well as the extra I'm paying to rent a vehicle currently, insurance costs etc.
    Tags: None

Hi POWERT93

Welcome to LB

Paragraphs would be good.

I would leave it in the hands of the Credit Card provider, you've made a Section 75 claim.
    Provide them with all the evidence to hand.

Comment

I am sorry to read about the problem you are having trying to get your money back. There is no quick solution if the dealer refuses or doesn't have the money available to refund you
      Fortunately you paid the deposit by credit card so you should have financial protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
      If the dealer fails to refund you within 14 days of the date the dealer agreed to rejection of the car, you should make a claim with your credit card company. Set out your claim providing details of what has happened in date order and state the dealer has refused to refund you after he accepted rejection under Sections 20 and 22 (short term right to reject) of the Consumer Regulations Act 2015
      The dealer is not entitled to make any reduction but can return your car that you traded in, if it hasn't been sold

Comment

As the dealer agreed to rejection on the 23.1.2024, he has until 6.2.2024 to refund you

Comment

Thank you all I appreciate it, its a large dealer and looking at their finances, with over 12 million in shareholder funds and a profit after tax of over 2 million I can safely assume it isn't that they don't have the money to refund me, Its just been very exhausting and I've been polite I've not shouted or gone down to the dealership kicking off, offered them every opportunity to remedy the issue, who knew buying cars would be so much hassle!

Comment

Thanks everyone, after emailing the Board of Directors, I've had a call from the team and supposedly getting an immediate refund, thanks for all you do here it has been really helpful reading all the advice over all of the boards

Comment

That's great news. A nationwide dealer relies on good reputation

Comment

Originally posted by powert93 View Post
                Thanks everyone, after emailing the Board of Directors, I've had a call from the team and supposedly getting an immediate refund, thanks for all you do here it has been really helpful reading all the advice over all of the boards
                Well done.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X