• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance

Hi I pay car insurance each month and changed my car August 2019, I transferred my private number plates through DVLA. I later put these on my vehicle. However I got pulled over by an unmarked police car to say I had no insurance - I was so shocked as I then realised I had not notified my insurance company I'd put the plates on so the police data base showed I was not insured when I was - is it not the car and chassis registered. this was an administrative over sight on my behalf. Now I have been issued a conditional charge £300 and six penalty points for no insurance- which isn't true. I phoned the insurance company to immediately amend my policy while sat in the police car which they did. I have asked for an indemnity letter which they have written covering me from when I was sat in the police car will this be enough as they pulled me over 10 to 15 minutes before. Any help please as I always have insurance never faltered and feel this is not completely right. Do I not pay and proceed to court or do something now. My error the plates but I was insured even if had not notified change of plates - where do I stand I am not a criminal.
    Tags: None

You need your insurers to issue a letter of indemnity from the time you replaced the plates.
    Issuing a letter of indemnity from the time they had knowledge of the change, and amended the records accordingly is meaningless.
    Don't know who your insurers are, but suggest you address the letter to "the Senior Underwriter", explain what has happened, and confirm that for the period of the required indemnity there are no known incidents giving rise to a claim under the policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb345
      You should probably go to court and not the pay. Not pay whom?
      You should talk tot your insurance company and discuss further details.Yes
      If I was in your shoes I would actually change the provider all together. Why? the OP was at fault by not advising insurers of change of registration? But that's just me.
      Cannot see how changing insurer will prompt issuance of the required letter of indemnity

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X