• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EOC Audi charging me for tyre inflation kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOC Audi charging me for tyre inflation kit

Hi
    I voluntary terminated my lease agreement with VFS.
    They have since invoiced me for a tyre inflation kit that was never in the car when I purchased it. I contracted the dealership and was told my car did not come with a tyre inflation kit. I informed VFS of this but they still insisted it did and I was liable for £198 + VAT. I then contacted the dealership explaining the issue and requested proof / check list. They informed me the paperwork was archived and they would send for it. Since then (2 ish months ago) i have been back and forth between the dealership and VFS, I asked VFS to contact the dealership direct for proof as I was not getting anywhere. VFS have now said the dealership is “certain” it came with a tyre inflation kit but are unable to provide proof, but.....insist I have to pay for it!!
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
    Kind regards Andrea
    Tags: None

Get the archived paperwork from the dealership so you have evidence that it wasn't listed as being there, and in the meantime ask them to confirm by email that it wasn't included in the car. The burden of proof rests with VFS (he who asserts, must prove) to show that the inflation kit did come with the car and I'm not sure how they can unless they had a representative carry out an inspection/inventory prior to or on the day of collection (that never happens).

If there isn't any proof, then they can't claim for it. You should have got a copy of the paperwork at the time of collection and that would have included the pre-delivery inspection sheet or similar. If you have that then check to see whether it was listed and if it wasn't, it's reasonable to argue that it didn't.

Make a formal complaint, outline the fact that VFS initially insisted that the inflation kit came with the car but have since changed their tune to say that the dealership is certain, though no evidence or proof can be offered to back up that claim otherwise the cost should be removed. If they reject your complaint, make a further complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and ask for compsenation for the distress, harassment and inconvenience caused by VFS who have admitted that no proof exists but still expect you to pay.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob, Thanks for your speedy response!
      I have requested the paperwork from the dealership on three occasions, without it being provided. That’s why I asked VFS to intervene to see if the dealership would pull their finger out and get the paperwork. I do not have the initial checklist, this went with car handbook, servicing etc
      This is VFS email.......

Good morning Mrs Goode,

Thank you for your response to the below email.
      I can confirm we have spoken to the car dealership and they have confirmed that they are certain you would have been sold the vehicle with a tyre inflation kit.

In light of this the below charge remains.

Tyre inflation kit Missing Not Available Replace £198.00
      (Price excluding VAT)

would you be able to advise on a response back to them?
      Kind regards Andrea

Comment

I have sent a detailed response, thanks again!

Comment

Thanks!
          Mall sorted resulting in no charge to myself!

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            Get the archived paperwork from the dealership so you have evidence that it wasn't listed as being there, and in the meantime ask them to confirm by email that it wasn't included in the car. The burden of proof rests with VFS (he who asserts, must prove) to show that the inflation kit did come with the car and I'm not sure how they can unless they had a representative carry out an inspection/inventory prior to or on the day of collection (that never happens).

If there isn't any proof, then they can't claim for it. You should have got a copy of the happy wheelspaperwork at the time of collection and that would have included the pre-delivery inspection sheet or similar. If you have that then check to see whether it was listed and if it wasn't, it's reasonable to argue that it didn't.

Make a formal complaint, outline the fact that VFS initially insisted that the inflation kit came with the car but have since changed their tune to say that the dealership is certain, though no evidence or proof can be offered to back up that claim otherwise the cost should be removed. If they reject your complaint, make a further complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and ask for compsenation for the distress, harassment and inconvenience caused by VFS who have admitted that no proof exists but still expect you to pay.
            Thanks for your detailed response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X