• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SKODA VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKODA VT

Hello. A fantastic forum/facility.

A common problem. Due to change in job etc I VT'd my Skoda Citigo. Experienced problems with British Car Auctions cancelling collection at short notice, I had travelled a round trip of 320 miles to be present. Further days where family members took days of work to be present and they didn't show up. Ultimately inspector turned up declared car fine and told daughter there would be nothing else to pay. In due course I received a request for approx £800 of excess miles charge, I wrote pointing out to Skoda finance that my contract said once I had paid £4300 (approx cant remember off hand exact figure) I would have nothing else to pay and expressing my displeasure at the cost and inconvenience at their failure to collect the car as arranged. I have received their final response which basically dismisses my complaint, saying it is a matter for BCA and I owe £800. They have in no way addressed the fact that the contract said I would have nothing else to pay.

So what's the best way to proceed ? Considering Ombudsman complaint.

Regards.

Colin.
    PS . I have posted this elsewhere on the forum but not sure where, apologies.
    Tags: None

As it is the weekend prior to Christmas you might have to wait awhile for a response from R0b
    Starting point re excess mileage might be here: https://app.box.com/s/cfcq7j11buf1wtnr89hkqkxhfgelh020
    and for collection charges here: https://app.box.com/s/cfcq7j11buf1wtnr89hkqkxhfgelh020

These are very much template and you will need to select the bits you need and amend them to suit

Comment

Many thanks for this response.

Colin

Comment

I sent letter to Skoda Finance as suggested by DES8. Yesterday I received a text from Skoda saying they want to discuss the balance on my account. This may be coincidence or the response to my letter.

Any recommendations ?

Colin

Comment

What balance? shouldn't it be Nil Balance?

Comment

Understood.

So ignore ?

Colin.

Comment

So why don't you call them and find out what they have to say? They will probably tell you that you them money, something you are already aware of but ideally you need to keep everything in writing where possible.

If you are going to call, get the name of the advisor and follow it up with an email to confirm what was discussed and your current position.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I phoned them. Very nice lady stated that a case handler should have already replied to me and that she would follow it up while I waited. I explained I was calling from work and cant really hang on would she mind following up the case and letting me know. She replied "that's fine". I was hopeful.

Today I get a letter from "Themis Recoveries" debt recovery stating I owe £762 .82 and I must contact their client etc etc.

I have to admit what gets me so cross with these big companies is how they can be allowed to get away with simply ignoring correspondence and issuing these sort of letters. Grrrrrrrr.

Anyway, not helpful I realise.

Any advice please on next step ?

Colin.

Comment

Hi Colin, you cant do anything until you know that it is they are claiming for, so that's the starting point. Ask them to send you a breakdown of those costs in writing along with any supporting evidence. This will usually be the condition report.
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob,

Many thanks for your help.

To clarify ask Skoda Finance as opposed to the Debt Recovery firm I presume ?

My original template letter that Skoda has not replied to asked for such information I think but worth repeating the request ?

Colin

Comment

Well the last post you stated that the letter said to contact their client i.e. Skoda so i would say that you should contact them direct. That said and to prevent Themis from sending you further demands, it would be sensible to send them a copy of your letter to Skoda.

If Skoda haven't responded to your last template you could ask them for an update on that. Alternatively if there is an email address, follow it up that way.
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

A follow up, I sent hard copy letters (copies of original letter) to both Skoda Finance and their appointed Debt recovery men, Themis. Hard to say any actual correspondence address on the Themis letters, suggests to me they are really Skoda Finance in disguise. Anyway, couple of weeks have passed and the only communication I have received is another demanding letter from Themis Recoveries.

Any thoughts ?

Comment

I received several more debt collection letters from Themis and a letter stating it had been transferred to someone else for further action. In my frustration I decided to refer to the Financial Ombudsman via their website. Everything now seems to be on hold, presumably while the Ombudsman do their stuff.

Comment

And now I have received a letter from Blake Morgan demanding the money. The letter also offers me instalment payments but I have to endure a 20 minute phone call forensically going through my finances. Annoys me so much .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X