• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LEGALBEAGAL - Voluntary termination help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have the car

Comment

So I don't think you need to copy in all of those emails into your reply as it is unnecessary and those emails could be disclosed at a later date. You can refer to them in your response.

What date did Dentons give you to comply with or respond to them?

I'll have a think and see if I can rework this as an example but I suppose it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to claim repudiatory breach against RCI and seek damages against them and state you are entitled to the car or the option to purchase price? This could put them on the backfoot and reconsider their position. They may well agree to settle provided they walk away with collection of the car.

Do yiou want to simply argue that the agreement was already terminated and so RCI could not have terminated the agreement?

Need to know your position before you can work out how to respond.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

They gave me 30 days form the 1st February, I replied back to them on the 27th of February I sent the letter by recorded post so I knew they had received it,which it says it has been received by them.and I haven't heard back from them. I have moved address and provided my new address for them to respond to me.

I think I'm going to do the repudiatory breach, and see what they have to say, if they want to settle then depending on what they offer, see if its worth giving them the car back. And also argue that I had voluntary terminated the agreement before they declared to me that they had canceled it. If I put the request in to voluntary terminate then by law are they not able to claim to terminate my contract as the contract was already terminated.

Comment

So what did you reply back with?

Did you inform them by letter or email or some other form?
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I sent them the reply form they sent me along with a short reply to say that I need their email address to send evidence to go on my part of the case. I sent it by recorded delivery and have my receipt as record of proof it got delivered to them so I know they have received it.

I also sent them the total amount that the car has made up in storage fees so they have that for their records.

Comment

You might want to contact Dentons by telephone and (1) verify they have your up to date address (if not already confirmed), (2) ask for an email address to respond directly to, (3) what, if anything have they done since your response to them and (4) inform them that you are preparing a detailed response to their LBA which they should receive early next week.

Once you get an email address you should follow up with the above on what was discussed as verification and evidence. It should give you some leeway to prepare what you want to say. In the meantime, you'll be able to put something effective together and I'll see if I can give you some example language.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I did ring dentons to speak to the solicitor who is dealing with the case and explaimed to them what my defence is. He said that rci are seeking for the outstanding balance left on the finance. I told him that I will not be paying them a penny and there are storage fees adding up each day as this goes on longer. I asked for a reply date and said he would get back to me once he has spoken with rci. He had the cheek to ask if I wanted to set up a payment plan with him that day to start paying them back even though he had received my reply form stating that I would not be paying it back and that I would be arguing against the claim. Isn't there a 7 or 14 day period that they have to reply back to me surely they can't just leave it to when ever they feel like it.

I did send him some of the emails I had received from rci to support my claim with evidence.

Im hoping that he sees that they have made an error by terminating my contract so making any grounds they are requesting ie money for the car or damages or milage is in fact void as they have terminated the contract They have nothing to refer to as the contract agreement tsht I signed at the beginning of agreement is no longer valid any more so therefore they have no case

Comment

Just thought I'd post to give an update with my situation. I did call the solicitor a few weeks after sending him the emails from my self and rci and I have heard nothing it's been nearly 6 weeks. Is this normal for them to just leave it so long? I did ask is there a time frame they can give me for a reply and got back that the case is in hold and they are reviewing it. What happens if they don't reply for months. What will happen to the car, so who will own the car. Will it not be seen as they have abandoned the car. The doesn't have mot or car tax and it doesn't now start as the battery has gone due to it being sat there.

Any help please.

Comment

Spam deleted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X