• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Coventry Council Apologises for Threatening Bankruptcy for £42.50!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coventry Council Apologises for Threatening Bankruptcy for £42.50!!

Well let's assume I had eaten some old style Trill, you know the one that had ganja seed in it. Or alternatively I had the wings of a seagull...

Comment

"Back soon, love - just going out to buy some budgie seed.
      What do you mean, what budgie?"

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

No reply to the letter to Head of CCC as yet, but early days

Comment

Originally posted by cornish pasty View Post
          No reply to the letter to Head of CCC as yet, but early days
          They will no doubt be looking for an exit strategy, as this one will not go away.

Comment

Did you send it recorded delivery?

Comment

Slightly off the main topic.

I went into our local council yesterday to help a family friend concerning a homeless problem.

The 'front-line' staff (who, btw are not directly employed by the LA, they are employees of an out-sourced HR firm) did everything humanly possible to stop us from talking to a Housing Officer.

Their default position? "It's not our responsibility - go & see a charitable organisation"

I clearly outlined their duty of care; they wouldn't budge! (Irresistible force meets immovable object! )

By sheer persistance & insistance on them pointing us to the actual authority for their stance (Act of Parliament, Gov. Regulations, LA regs etc - "We don't do legal", they said!), we eventually 'persuaded' them to allow us the great honour and privilege of actually speaking to the elusive Housing Officer, albeit only via the 'phone.

The pertinent point of this post is that it became patently obvious to us that the prime concern of these bods seemed to be to actively avoid any responsibility, whilst employing the time-honoured ritual so often found in these places - backside-covering!

Why should it be so difficult to actually speak to the relevant department officials?

In my next life I think I'll be a dentist - pulling teeth has got to be easier!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                Did you send it recorded delivery?
                Emailed

Comment

That's good - you know it got there! They will need something pretty inventive to climb out of their hole!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    That's good - you know it got there!
                    NO NOT TRUE!! Delivery of email is NOT guaranteed. Need to set on the acknowledge flags but even then may not respond.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      NO NOT TRUE!! Delivery of email is NOT guaranteed. Need to set on the acknowledge flags but even then may not respond.
                      Absolutely correct - thank you! It is likely to have been read then. Not many emails vanish, though I agree some do.

THIS is a good way to know for sure.

Comment

Personally,,;I'd follow the email up with a recorded delivery letter ...just to be sure.

Comment

Certainly if nothing is heard within the next few days I'd agree. :beagle:

Comment

Will leave it till friday, if heard nothing by then will sennd recorded delivery.

Should I sent it to the council offices or direct to Ann Lucas home address?
                            The email was to her personal email address

Comment

I would send it to the council offices. It is at her place of work ready and waiting for her then. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                                "We don't do legal", they said!
                                My retort would have been to ask why they seemingly preferred to 'do illegal'. :rofl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X