• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax - Bristow & Sutor: Two Liability Orders for the same amount, already paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax - Bristow & Sutor: Two Liability Orders for the same amount, already

Originally posted by Fetherston View Post
    The slight problem with asking questions is that you might end up like me - Warwick District Council banned me from contacting them for asking too many questions!!
    They did WHAT?????

From whom did that damn fool "ban" come?

Comment

Re: Council Tax - Bristow & Sutor: Two Liability Orders for the same amount, already

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      They did WHAT?????

From whom did that damn fool "ban" come?
      I have heard of this tactic before, I think Conwy CCBC did something similar with someone who kept disagreeing with them, they deemed the contact Criminal Harassment and obtained a CRASBO, a Criminal ASBO against the individual. In that particular case the person was obnoxious in the extreme, and threatened council staff, but the principle is there, that they could try that on someone up against bailiffs who are being naughty with fees the council keep backing the bailiff, then resort to injunction to prevent the debtor from arguing their case. They will consider it akin to how a court looks on a "Vexatious Litigant"

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        I have heard of this tactic before, I think Conwy CCBC did something similar with someone who kept disagreeing with them, they deemed the contact Criminal Harassment and obtained a CRASBO, a Criminal ASBO against the individual. In that particular case the person was obnoxious in the extreme, and threatened council staff, but the principle is there, that they could try that on someone up against bailiffs who are being naughty with fees the council keep backing the bailiff, then resort to injunction to prevent the debtor from arguing their case. They will consider it akin to how a court looks on a "Vexatious Litigant"
        Unless the emails or letters contained threats, one might consider such a "ban" to be maladministration itself, without even needing to consider how the council parroted the piffle from the bailiffs.

Comment

Unless the emails or letters contained threats, one might consider such a "ban" to be maladministration itself, without even needing to consider how the council parroted the piffle from the bailiffs.
          Agree CC in the case with the ban, the guy fetched up at council offices, and was shouting like a Vogon, and banging fists on counters.

Comment

shouting like a Vogon
            It could have been worse.

He might have recited some of his poetry.

Comment

It could have been worse.

He might have recited some of his poetry.

I think I would be inclined to "Rend him in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon" whilst shouting "Resistance is Futile" if he tried that one

Comment

Originally posted by Fetherston View Post
                The slight problem with asking questions is that you might end up like me - Warwick District Council banned me from contacting them for asking too many questions!!
                Then Warwick District Council are being very, very foolish. They are accountable to you and if they have indicated they are not willing to provide explanations to questions you have put them, questions need to be asked. Speak to your local MP.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

ASBOs have been repeatedly abused and have now fallen into disrepute. Such a step would breach Article 6 of ECHR and Section 6 of HRA, meaning, the council would be acting unlawfully. Misleading a court in order to obtain an order of any kind against an individual is serious and could amount to something as serious as Perverting the Course of Justice.

One council managed to hoodwink a court into granting them an ASBO against a young lad who had a confirmed diagnosis of Tourette's Syndrome, alleging he was swearing all the time, yet knowing he had Tourette's. However, the lad's parents served proceedings on the council whose bottle went the day before the hearing, knowing the council would lose badly. The ASBO was quashed and the council ended up having to reimburse the parents' legal costs, as well as apologise in court for what they had done. Not surprisingly, the judge was far from being a happy bunny.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Fetherston should now write to MP, and indicate the nature of the complaint, also mentioning that the council are refusing to deal with it and banned them from contacting the council, which in extremis would prevent them offering a payment at the counter or making future enquiries regarding services.

BTW I was threatened with an ASBO for going to work, as at the time I had a work van at home due to a 3 am start, I was told that starting the van at 2:15am to go 35 miles to a depot for 3 am, was a noise nuisance and therefore an enviro-crime, the council had had a comp0laint from a dolie aka feckless waster that as they had just gone to bed, I had wakened them by staring the van, council agreed so I was to cease and desist, and sent police to see what I was doing. Told coppers and council that I would be contacting Grauniad, Daily Heil Torygraph and The Sun about a council seeking an ASBO for me going to work.. Must be some hidden Common Purpose muppets in that council. Very strange I heard nothing further

Comment

Big problem is that I wrote to my MP and he just told me that I would have to contact the council through the CAB. The person they gave me to look after me is only there for a few hours a week (not their fault but not much help to me). When he wrote to them in November it took until he middle of January to get a reply. He responded in a week or so and has as yet not had a further response. The problem with me is that I ask too many questions which they cannot answer! The main question being "why after eight years they are still pursuing me for alleged overpayment of council tax benefit in 1995!". I am a disabled pensioner living on benefits - we have gone bankrupt during the vendetta (because that's what everyone says it is) and have won at Tribunal once but they issued their claim again. If councillors object on our behalf they just take them to the standards committee and fine them. Jeremy Wright MP should do something but he is too busy banning books for prisoners!!

Comment

That MP is a tool, the CAB are not fit to represent a vole in many areas, he should give the council a kicking not pass the buck, as to Jeremy Wright MP, obviously he seems to think if prisoners can read it is dangerous, as they will all convert to Islam and read those DIY bob making books in the prison library. again what a tool

Perhaps a letter to the Pie-Eater Pickles is an option; asking why the LA is permitted to ignore Tribunal, and flog a dead horse at taxpayers expense to harass a pensioner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X