• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried sick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worried sick!

Hi Nem everything has gone off in the post to the ICO
    Swift won't be able to "wriggle" out of this one. I would
    like to be the fly on the wall and watch their reaction.
    I will let you know when I hear anything.

Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem just heard back from the ICO they can't help they said I need to go to the Financial Ombudsman. It makes me so mad I only sent the paperwork to them on their advice! I just hope the Financial Ombudsman will come down on Swift like a ton of bricks! I am not best pleased at all this carry on I just hope it is worth it in the end. I will let you know what the Financial Ombudsman say. Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
        Hi Nem just heard back from the ICO they can't help they said I need to go to the Financial Ombudsman. It makes me so mad I only sent the paperwork to them on their advice! I just hope the Financial Ombudsman will come down on Swift like a ton of bricks! I am not best pleased at all this carry on I just hope it is worth it in the end. I will let you know what the Financial Ombudsman say. Rosie
        Which is exactly what I suggested to you back in February.

Comment

Hi ok I sit corrected! I was to be honest a bit cynical about going back to the Financial Ombudsman after the way they treated me when I first went to them about Swift and how they treated me over my property. I will get everything off to them and hope this time they don't start calling me a liar again or start patronising me. It was one of those experiences you don't want to remember! I will let you know what happens. Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500;
            By the way I have been looking at the completion statement from Swift 14 cans of paint at £5 per can equals £84 in their books!!! They can't even multiply 5 x 14 and get 70. Whoever came up with that must be as thick as two short planks! That answers a lot. :tinysmile_hmm_t2: Rosie
            The more likely explanation is that the paint costs £5 exluding vat, £70 would then have £14 vat added giving the £84 total

Comment

Originally posted by davec1960 View Post
              The more likely explanation is that the paint costs £5 exluding vat, £70 would then have £14 vat added giving the £84 total
              Hi there was no mention of VAT on the completion statement. I had tried to get the council to take the paint away long long before I was repossessed, they said they couldn't if it had not evaporated. They were only able to take about three or four tins. I would have thought that by the time the paint was removed it would have solidified I don't understand why there should be any VAT on it!. The paperwork is a complete mess there are discrepancies all over the place. I have been advised to report both Swift and their contractors to the police for theft as some of my personal possessions were taken BEFORE the chattel notice had expired. I am sending all the paperwork I have to the Financial Ombudsman, I just hope they take things on board this time, not like the last time when they did not take a blind bit of notice of anything I said they more or less called me a liar! I also think it smacked of I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine syndrome stamped all over it! They cannot dispute anything as the evidence is all there. The loan agreement has not even been worked out correctly. I will keep you posted as to the outcome. Rosie

Comment

Hi there was no mention of VAT on the completion statement. I had tried to get the council to take the paint away long long before I was repossessed, they said they couldn't if it had not evaporated. They were only able to take about three or four tins. I would have thought that by the time the paint was removed it would have solidified I don't understand why there should be any VAT on it!. The paperwork is a complete mess there are discrepancies all over the place. I have been advised to report both Swift and their contractors to the police for theft as some of my personal possessions were taken BEFORE the chattel notice had expired. I am sending all the paperwork I have to the Financial Ombudsman, I just hope they take things on board this time, not like the last time when they did not take a blind bit of notice of anything I said they more or less called me a liar! I also think it smacked of I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine syndrome stamped all over it! They cannot dispute anything as the evidence is all there. The loan agreement has not even been worked out correctly. I will keep you posted as to the outcome. Rosie
                Hi all things are moving now with the Financial Ombudsman they have sent me complaint forms which I have signed dated etc they are back in the post so hopefully it wont be too long before things are sorted. Keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

Hi all things are moving now with the Financial Ombudsman they have sent me complaint forms which I have signed dated etc they are back in the post so hopefully it wont be too long before things are sorted. Keep you posted. Rosie
                  Sounds good Rosie!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    Sounds good Rosie!!

nem
                    Hi Nem had a letter from Swift this morning saying they have forwarded everything to the Financial Ombudsman and are sorry that their service has fallen short of my expectations!!! How delusional they are their service in my books is shambolic! They couldn't put their backsides out if they went on fire! Brewery also comes to mind! They say they hope to have things sorted in the next four weeks. Will keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem had a letter from Swift this morning saying they have forwarded everything to the Financial Ombudsman and are sorry that their service has fallen short of my expectations!!! How delusional they are their service in my books is shambolic! They couldn't put their backsides out if they went on fire! Brewery also comes to mind! They say they hope to have things sorted in the next four weeks. Will keep you posted. Rosie

Hi Nem I've had an email from the Financial Ombudsman this morning saying that Swift are saying they have not had the opportunity to respond to the letter I received in relation to the amount borrowed! The Ombudsman have given Swift eight weeks to issue a response if I am unhappy with their response (which I feel sure I will be as I expect they will be trying to sweep everything under the carpet) I will forward their response to the ombudsman as I am determined Swift are not going to get away with this. The eight weeks ends on the 27th August. Will keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I've had an email from the Financial Ombudsman this morning saying that Swift are saying they have not had the opportunity to respond to the letter I received in relation to the amount borrowed! The Ombudsman have given Swift eight weeks to issue a response if I am unhappy with their response (which I feel sure I will be as I expect they will be trying to sweep everything under the carpet) I will forward their response to the ombudsman as I am determined Swift are not going to get away with this. The eight weeks ends on the 27th August. Will keep you posted. Rosie
                        Hi Rosie,
                        At least there must be some form of reply even though the time scale is long.
                        Let's hope this throws some light on the matter.

nem

Comment

Hi Rosie,
                          At least there must be some form of reply even though the time scale is long.
                          Let's hope this throws some light on the matter.

nem

Hi Nem yes I hope so. Unfortunately for Swift they can't "wriggle" out of this as the evidence is there in black and white. They only have to look at the loan agreement and see the amount that was borrowed to realise they have messed up. I need to keep the pressure up on Swift they are not getting away with this. Will let you know when I hear anything. Rosie

Comment

Sounds good Rosie!!

nem
                            Hi Nem I had a letter from Swift this morning stating that they are carrying out an investigation into my complaint, they will get back to me before the 28th August. I just hope the person responsible for this mess get their comeuppance! Will keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I had a letter from Swift this morning stating that they are carrying out an investigation into my complaint, they will get back to me before the 28th August. I just hope the person responsible for this mess get their comeuppance! Will keep you posted. Rosie
                              Hello Rosie,

Fingers Crossed it's time this got sorted!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

nem

Comment

Hello Rosie,

Fingers Crossed it's time this got sorted!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

nem

Hi Nem it sure is time it got sorted. Swift have been horrendous! Will keep you posted Rosie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X