• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried sick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worried sick!

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Hi Rosie,

A suggestion:

Collate all Swift's letters in chronological order your letters to them and Swift's replies so you can see the progression of contradictions and lies if then this is put before their directors as a formal complaint, meaning an investigation and responds within in 56 days.

My thinking keeps bringing me back to " is thus a cockup" by an " underling " that has got nastily out of hand and the fact is they do not know what lies they have used before!

nem

Hi Nem thanks for getting back. Swift's letter came from their complaints department. I have just had another look at the letter and they say it is their final response in the matter. In light of that I am going to send everything I have had from Swift to the ICO as they are in breach anyway. They really have shot themselves in the foot big time. I have the ICO's address so I am going to send everything to them. They have given me the name of the contractors who did the house clearance so I am going to contact them and see if they have any of my things especially my late brother's golf trophies. I think they need the big guns on their tail now they will soon squirm as they won't like a third party getting involved.

Will keep you posted

Rosie

Comment

Ok Rosie,
      I think they have played into hands!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Ok Rosie,
        I think they have played into hands!!

nem

Hi Nem yes they have really played into the hands of the ICO. They can be fined for what they have done still it is no more than they deserve. I think you are right when you say about an underling whoever they are they need to hold their hands up and take responsibility. I told Swift as much of course as usual they didn't agree well they wouldn't. Swift said everything had to go through them even contact with the contractors! Yeah right I am. Going to contact the contractors direct by email why should I bow to bully boy tactics, they just want to run the show! I can't wait until the ICO gets hold of the paperwork I have oh boy! They will have a field day with Swift. Rosie:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
          Hi Nem yes they have really played into the hands of the ICO. They can be fined for what they have done still it is no more than they deserve. I think you are right when you say about an underling whoever they are they need to hold their hands up and take responsibility. I told Swift as much of course as usual they didn't agree well they wouldn't. Swift said everything had to go through them even contact with the contractors! Yeah right I am. Going to contact the contractors direct by email why should I bow to bully boy tactics, they just want to run the show! I can't wait until the ICO gets hold of the paperwork I have oh boy! They will have a field day with Swift. Rosie:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
          Good Luck Rosie, keep us posted!!
          nem

Comment

A couple of thoughts. I may be wrong here but doesn't the land registry record the price of a conveyance of land. second point is that the removal of chattels before the deadline is theft . Report both swift and the clearance company for theft. Talk to a sworn constable nat some drone on the front desk. If the amount of the lon is misstated there may be case to get the loan struck out in which case swift have to put you back in the situation you were in before taking the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
              A couple of thoughts. I may be wrong here but doesn't the land registry record the price of a conveyance of land. second point is that the removal of chattels before the deadline is theft . Report both swift and the clearance company for theft. Talk to a sworn constable nat some drone on the front desk. If the amount of the lon is misstated there may be case to get the loan struck out in which case swift have to put you back in the situation you were in before taking the loan.

Hi I thought it might be too late to report them for theft, obviously not which is good. I don't knowjust how much went missing , the wardrobe in my bedroom was wide open to the world which they were not when I left the property. So Swift would have to cancel out the loan therefore they would have to pay me compensation for what they have done. I think I will still go to the ICO as well I think the more pressure they have put on them the better. They are so full of their own importance that they think they can get away with anything. The credit agreement payments are not right I calculated the amount borrowed over the 25 year period it came out more than I was paying. I had a letter from Swift in J anuary and the loan amount quoted in the letter was over £2,000 more! I calculated the payments on that they worked out much more again! The whole thing is shambolic. I think it is no more than they deserve than to be reported for theft. They must have known what was going on at the property. the land registry does record property sale prices. I feel there is a case to answer. when you say Swift would have to put me back in the situation I was in before I took out the loan, could that call into question the sale of my property from their side? Rosie
              Last edited by Rosie500; 27th March 2015, 13:52:PM. Reason: Need to clarify a point.

Comment

well you were in arrears because they had misstated the repayment amount. Talk to a lawyer , a lot do free half hour or try a no win no fee . I am wondering if this might not be fraud by misrepresentation.

Comment

well you were in arrears because they had misstated the repayment amount. Talk to a lawyer , a lot do free half hour or try a no win no fee . I am wondering if this might not be fraud by misrepresentation.

Hi Swift have definitely not calculated the loan properly, the loan amount on the credit agreement works out to £302.22 not £288.15 as stated by Swift. When they wrote to me in January they stated in their letter that the amount borrowed was 25,140 this is not the case. When I worked out the payments on that they came out at. £337.00 per month. I think my best bet is no win no fee. I would say it smacks of fraud, they are definitely hiding a lot of things, they still wont let me have details of the property that I have asked for, I have two completion statements here one states the asking price of the property was £110,000 this is not the case, they stated in their letter to me recently that they were well aware that my property was on for £119,995 so that proves even the completion statement is wrong! I think what I will do is go to the library and take copies of the paperwork I have and send one set to the ICO and keep a copy for the solicitors. I will do a bit of digging and see what I can come up with by way of a solicitor who will do it for me on a no win no fee basis. I am going to go to the police next week to lodge my complaint against Swift and the contractors. The ICO are interested in Swift they say that from what I told them that Swift are in breach, they can be fined for that. Oh boy they really are in deep hot water up to their ears! Rosie

Comment

Have you sent asubject access request with the statutory £10 fee. This may reveal useful information.

Comment

look round the site here for other swift threads. The company has a reputation for sharp practice. I couldsay much worse things about them but they are unpopular here. I suggest you talk to other swifites and get the incorrectly calculated docs from themthen the judge can in due course see that they mis-
                      quote too often for it to be an innocent clerical error.

Comment

look round the site here for other swift threads. The company has a reputation for sharp practice. I couldsay much worse things about them but they are unpopular here. I suggest you talk to other swifites and get the incorrectly calculated docs from themthen the judge can in due course see that they mis-
                        quote too often for it to be an innocent clerical error.

Hi hi yes it would be a good idea to get some other swiftness incorrectly calculated docs from them, the more the merrier the evidence needs to be so overwhelming that they can't squirm out of it. Should i go through all the topics or just look at the ones under housing and money or do you think it would be a good idea for me to put a post on here asking any swifties if they would mind giving me a copy of their incorrectly calculated docs and explain why. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Since writing I have found two solicitors who I feel may be able to help me with Swift. I am going to email them both outline the situation and see what they say. I will keep you posted. Rosie
                        Last edited by Rosie500; 31st March 2015, 17:57:PM. Reason: Extra info to go on

Comment

Hi hi yes it would be a good idea to get some other swiftness incorrectly calculated docs from them, the more the merrier the evidence needs to be so overwhelming that they can't squirm out of it. Should i go through all the topics or just look at the ones under housing and money or do you think it would be a good idea for me to put a post on here asking any swifties if they would mind giving me a copy of their incorrectly calculated docs and explain why. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Since writing I have found two solicitors who I feel may be able to help me with Swift. I am going to email them both outline the situation and see what they say. I will keep you posted. Rosie

Hi Nem I have emailed a local solicitors to see if they can help with taking action against Swift on a no win no fee basis. I will let you know what they say. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I have emailed a local solicitors to see if they can help with taking action against Swift on a no win no fee basis. I will let you know what they say. Rosie

Hi hi I have just heard from one of the solicitors I contacted, they are unfortunately unable to do anything for me on a no win no fee basis but have told me to contact the Law Society and that they will be able to put me in touch with a solicitor who can do it f for me on a no win no fee basis. Will let you know what they say. Rosie

Comment

Hi Seduraed I am happy to ask any swifies if they can let me have copies of their incorrectly calculated docs. The only thing is I don't have the use of my desk top computer at the moment as it has a virus, I am using an iPad at the moment. Any suggestions as to a way round this? By the way I have been looking at the completion statement from Swift 14 cans of paint at £5 per can equals £84 in their books!!! They can't even multiply 5 x 14 and get 70. Whoever came up with that must be as thick as two short planks! That answers a lot. :tinysmile_hmm_t2: Rosie

Comment

Hi Seduraed I am happy to ask any swifies if they can let me have copies of their incorrectly calculated docs. The only thing is I don't have the use of my desk top computer at the moment as it has a virus, I am using an iPad at the moment. Any suggestions as to a way round this? By the way I have been looking at the completion statement from Swift 14 cans of paint at £5 per can equals £84 in their books!!! They can't even multiply 5 x 14 and get 70. Whoever came up with that must be as thick as two short planks! That answers a lot. :tinysmile_hmm_t2: Rosie

Hi Nem I have tried to get a lawyer on a no win no fee but without any success they are only interested in people who have had accidents. I am going to send all the paperwork I have to the ICO. That is the best way for me. Rosie
                                Last edited by Rosie500; 18th May 2015, 05:44:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X