• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour nuisance - very delicate situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour nuisance - very delicate situation

Our next
    door neighbour (adjoining house) is a carer for her autistic grandson. She has him at her house most days for at least part of the day. He is about 14 (not sure of his age) and has the mental capacity of a three-year-old. We (my husband and I) understand the kind of problems that can be involved in dealing with autistic children, and we have great sympathy for him and his grandmother.

However, this boy is very destructive. He has been on our property several times, and although we have no proof, we suspect that he has damaged our pond by dropping large stones in it. Quite recently both my husband and the boy’s grandmother caught him trying to get over our fence. He also likes to throw things, especially into our garden. My husband has a huge bag full of items this boy has thrown over into our garden. They are mostly plastic toys and items. However, what is concerning us is the number of items thrown over which could seriously injure someone in our garden. These include a heavy glass ashtray, and a number of decorative stones, easily big enough to injure someone.

In addition to this, he makes a lot of noise. He is verbal to a degree, but the noises he makes are just random noises. Again, we understand that he can’t help this. But it does disturb our peace, and because he spends most of his time in the garden, we no longer enjoy sitting in our garden. Apart from the noise - sometimes very loud - there is always the fear that some missile could be thrown over the fence and injure one or both of us.

Just lately our dog has started to refuse to go in our garden when he is about.

We feel that something should be done about this situation, but we are stumped as to what if anything can be done. The last thing we want is to cause problems for this boy and his grandmother, or to create ill-feeling between neighbours. We would be grateful for any advice anyone can give us regarding this very tricky situation.
    Tags: None

The last thing we want is to cause problems for this boy and his grandmother, or to create ill-feeling between neighbours. We would be grateful for any advice anyone can give us regarding this very tricky situation.
    So a legal forum is probably not the place to start.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...89#post1645589
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X