• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you have no proof of delivering it.
    If you send first class with free certificate of posting from PO it will be deemed delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      But you have no proof of delivering it.
      If you send first class with free certificate of posting from PO it will be deemed delivered.
      Hi Des8,

My problem is I have very little patience, and I will not have this done until Friday at the earliest, but probably not until the following week.

Question for everyone,

Why are the LA not see this as Anti-Social?

It is clearly a deliberate act by both neighbours,
      It is deliberate trespassing to be Anti-Social.
      There is also history, it's not a one of act of being Anti-Social.

Thanks

GBU

Comment

I think you'll find that unless the complaint is about a statutory nuisance (e.g. noise) the council have no authority to deal with the complaint unless it concerns social housing tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodbadugly View Post

Hi Des8,

My problem is I have very little patience, and I will not have this done until Friday at the earliest, but probably not until the following week.

Question for everyone,

Why are the LA not see this as Anti-Social?

It is clearly a deliberate act by both neighbours,
          It is deliberate trespassing to be Anti-Social.
          There is also history, it's not a one of act of being Anti-Social.

Thanks

GBU
          It looks pretty blatant from what you have described to me, but they could easily contrive to conjure up a story to say it's a coincidence or one followed the other etc or that you are blowing it out of proportion etc. Councils generally try to steer clear of disputes, they don't want be seen to take sides, 'the path of least resistance'.

Comment

If I put up a washing line pole up in my garden with a Weather vane on top,
            I'm allowed a pole 3m high without planning permission.

And a trespassing flag gets caught in the Weather vane?
            will this be a criminal act if the flag gets damaged?

GBU

Comment

sounds need "Flagging" for comments oppsss

Comment

If I put up a washing line pole up in my garden with a Weather vane on top,
                I'm allowed a pole 3m high without planning permission.

And a trespassing flag gets caught in the Weather vane?
                will this be a criminal act if the flag gets damaged?

GBU
                Don't see how you could be charged with criminal damage, but if their flags damaged your weather vane or pole............

Your council might not be expressing any interest in your neighbours flags because under Schedule 1 Class H of the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007, certain flags, can be flown without planning permission as long as they satisfy the standard conditions for the display of advertisements generally and the conditions and limitations set out within Class H itself.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Don't see how you could be charged with criminal damage, but if their flags damaged your weather vane or pole............

Your council might not be expressing any interest in your neighbours flags because under Schedule 1 Class H of the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007, certain flags, can be flown without planning permission as long as they satisfy the standard conditions for the display of advertisements generally and the conditions and limitations set out within Class H itself.
                  Thanks Des8,

Yes that is what I think, if I put something in my garden that is legitimate, something from the neighbours garden comes into my garden and gets damaged It should not be my fault, And I should be able to put it where I like as long as it stays in my garden.

Do not have an issue with the flags just the location, but one of the flags is advertising, but they would just change the flag. Both flags are not even outdoor flags.

I would even say one of the flag poles will snap when we get a good windy day, because it is a cheap £60 flag pole.

GBU.

Comment

I wouldn't do anything that escalates the situation, you need to hold the 'moral' high ground in this or any dispute. If you feel the need / desire and have the finances, you could simply 'out flag them', get one with a 'remote control'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-english-guide
                    Last edited by echat11; 27th June 2021, 19:18:PM.

Comment

Flag at 5m high, flag at 4m high & from living room,
                      the max height in the area for a flag pole is 3m without planning.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                        I wouldn't do anything that escalates the situation, you need to hold the 'moral' high ground in this or any dispute. If you feel the need / desire and have the finances, you could simply 'out flag them', get one with a 'remote control'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-english-guide
                        Yes will be
                        'moral' high ground for time being,
                        let them both know they are trespassing,

And only use plan "B" if required

GBU

Comment

Flag at 5m high, flag at 4m high & from living room,
                          the max height in the area for a flag pole is 3m without planning.

Wind change directions all the time

Don't think you have any chance of winning any legal case, and LA won't do anything.

Help for Heroes, Brilliant charity and cause, I donated to them in the past and will do again.

https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

https://shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/pr...ri-stripe-flag

Comment

Originally posted by 45002 View Post

Wind change directions all the time

Don't think you have any chance of winning any legal case, and LA won't do anything.

Help for Heroes, Brilliant charity and cause, I donated to them in the past and will do again.

https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

https://shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/pr...ri-stripe-flag
                            Still trespassing in my garden and that is illegal,

could just let it get ripped when it comes in my garden,

GBU

Comment

Sorry against advice I posted two letter this morning to both neighbours,
                              I also emailed a few solicitors about trespassing flags.

When arrived home this evening from work one of the neighbour's was waiting for me and got aggressive toward me when I refused to go round his back garden, he was already threatened to kill me.

GBU.

Comment

Both flags and flagpoles are currently down, one went down on Thursday afternoon and the other one went down Friday morning. I believe the LA visited them on Wednesday afternoon after I send another email to the LA Wednesday morning.

Do not know if both neighbours are just playing some game (no wind for couple of days).

I have heard nothing back from the LA.

GBU

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X