• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help please for claimant letter ccj ? statue barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help please for claimant letter ccj ? statue barred

Thanks , so is there a template letter I can use also evidence would my experian credit report with the date of default on it be good enough

Comment

looking at both letters i have it does not say what date the claim was issued only the 1st letter i received was 20/10/15 and my default date was 05/10/09 so i think they may have issued the claim just before this date but not sure

Comment

Originally posted by uksilencer View Post
        Thanks , so is there a template letter I can use also evidence would my experian credit report with the date of default on it be good enough
        OK My suggestion is:

Private & Confidential
        FAO Mr Christopher Ross - Roberts
        address as on their letters.

Date:
        Re: County Court Judgement:
        Ref: use Cabots.

Dear Mr Ross - Roberts,

I refer to County Court Judgement dated ............................ in regard to alleged debt for £ xxx .00 arising from and account with xxxxxxxxxxx:

I had received no notice of the court hearing, no documents having been served upon me.

Furthermore after checking my credit history I contend that the alleged debt was statute barred under the provisions of The Limitation Act 1980 on and before this claim was issued, I have enclosed herewith a screen shot of the credit reference agency file relating to this alleged debt,

From this you can see the date the account was registered as being in default, the cause of action would be sometime prior to the registration of the default. ( add in here any further info you have to prove this point).

Given the information above I would suggest that Cabot now applies for this judgement to be set aside as soon as possible.
        Should Cabot dispute the status of the alleged debt it must of course prove that the alleged debt was not statute barred on the
        date the claim was issued.

I under stand that a warrant of control has been issued in this matter and suggest that Cabot instructs its legal representative to withdraw this immediately.

A copy of this letter has been sent to Cabot's legal representative.

yours etc,

Use signed for post and get proof of delivery for both letters.

No guarantee of success but worth a try!

Keep a copy of the letter to hand together with the POD for the letters.

nem

Comment

thanks for that i cant see the name christopher ross-roberts on the letters was that just an example sorry for being dumb

Comment

thanks for that i cant see the name christopher ross-roberts on the letters was that just an example sorry for being dumb
            CRB is an exec director of the Cabot group.

nem

Comment

ok , i just put fao cabot/reston and sent both of them the letter recorded delivery
              cheers for all your help nemesis:santa2:
              fingers crossed now

Comment

Well they started knocking today.
                http://s24.postimg.org/6jfdwh15h/image.jpg

Comment

Quick update: never heard anything back since sending the letter . I have checked my noddle account and I have had the CCJ applied . I've read up that it makes no difference whether I pay this or not now as it will stay there for 6 years regardless .
                  So think with another old debt round the corner coming soon looks like I'm better off just head in the sand for another 8years and should be all clear on credit file .
                  Thanks everyone who helped me.

Comment

Well they started knocking today.
                    http://s24.postimg.org/6jfdwh15h/image.jpg
                    Typical bloody Cabot fail to reply to letters and go ahead
                    with out notice!

Are you prepared to attempt to get the judgement set aside, the application ( Form N244) can be downloaded, the court fee is £155.00.

You could advise the CC Bailiff that you are in the process of making an application, keep a copy of the form to hand.

You do not have to let the bailiff in, discuss/explain through a window.

nem

Comment

Ok so another debt has popped up for £1218.15 , this is a year away from being statue barred so I'm screwed . The letter says notice of pending ccj from Lowell.
                      Should I just let this go to a ccj with the other 1 ?
                      These are my only 2 debts and with 1 already on my file as a ccj which has screwed my credit file.
                      Should I just let this join it so I have 2 ccjs that will expire in 6 years ?
                      Any help greatly appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X