• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help please for claimant letter ccj ? statue barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help please for claimant letter ccj ? statue barred

I hate to say it but you have to be quick in getting the set aside application into the court now you have been made aware of the CCJ

I am talking a week at most

Comment

cheers for help anyway guess im just better off paying in instalments

Comment

Ok so I ran into money issues and missed payment date and have now received letter notice of issue of warrant of control , telling me to pay full amount £934.74 before 9th Dec or a bailiff will come , head in the sand moment for me as I'm skint any advice ? Plus can a bailiff take my TVs etc if I'm not on tenancy agreement and I'm not married to person in living with ?
        Cheers for any help

Comment

Originally posted by uksilencer View Post
          Ok so I ran into money issues and missed payment date and have now received letter notice of issue of warrant of control , telling me to pay full amount £934.74 before 9th Dec or a bailiff will come , head in the sand moment for me as I'm skint any advice ? Plus can a bailiff take my TVs etc if I'm not on tenancy agreement and I'm not married to person in living with ?
          Cheers for any help
          On what date was the claim issued?
          Looking back over this I see you assumed that the debt was statute barred because it was not on CRA files, did you complete an N244 application form to get this judgement set aside?

We need to know the exact date the claim was issued and the date the account defaulted some quick action needed.

nem

Comment

Hi I have not sent anything off infact I've never had any contact with anyone regarding this
            http://s24.postimg.org/c1ltcihzp/image.jpg
            That is the 2nd letter I have received

- - - Updated - - -

Defaulted 5/10/2009

Comment

If you mean the 1st letter it was dated 20th October which someone told me I've left it to late for set aside , just wondering what options I'm left with if any , right before Xmas god this is depressing

Comment

[QUOTE=uksilencer;598735]Hi I have not sent anything off infact I've never had any contact with anyone regarding this
                http://s24.postimg.org/c1ltcihzp/image.jpg
                That is the 2nd letter I have received

- - - Updated - - -

Defaulted 5/10/2009[/QUOTE
                Nothing has been done since you received the Judgement by default order?
                This is why the claimant has applied an got a Warrant.

A question now of damage limitation I think,
                Some hard questions.
                Can raise the money to pay this or a least a proportion at least 50%.
                Do you own or rent your home?
                Do you have any realisable assets that could be sold to satisfy the warrant?
                nem

Comment

No I just assumed 6yrs was up it had gone , then Bam .
                  1. No I'm skint
                  2. Living with girlfriend not on tenancy but do pay rent
                  3. Got TV etc but she wouldn't be happy plus it was in her name from bright house all paid now but think it's proof it's hers

- - - Updated - - -

My credit is poor anyway so I'm not sure if a ccj would make a difference to be honest bound to be a few more in the future

Comment

No I just assumed 6yrs was up it had gone , then Bam .
                    1. No I'm skint
                    2. Living with girlfriend not on tenancy but do pay rent
                    3. Got TV etc but she wouldn't be happy plus it was in her name from bright house all paid now but think it's proof it's hers

- - - Updated - - -

My credit is poor anyway so I'm not sure if a ccj would make a difference to be honest bound to be a few more in the future
                    OK we have to show the bailiff the warrant is null bono ( no good) you are a " lodger" in a furnished property
                    Your girl friend needs to show that nothing in the property belongs to you, she is not a party to the debt her property cannot be touched.
                    Is the property let furnished? If so is there an inventory.

nem

Comment

No it's a council house and we have 3 kids so don't think they gonna go for that . Looks like I just have to not answer the door

Comment

From what you say there is no chance of they warrant being satisfied, luckily this is
                        in the hands of the county court bailiff not High Court Enforcement.
                        You can try informing him that the debt was statute barred and you are going to
                        try to get the judgement set aside.
                        It's too late to start that today though.

nem

Comment

Ok thanks for your help

Comment

Ok thanks for your help
                            Happy to help.

nem

Comment

Regarding your last reply do I need to do something now ? Or wait until a bailiff comes round
                              Cheers

Comment

Regarding your last reply do I need to do something now ? Or wait until a bailiff comes round
                                Cheers
                                Good morning,

From what you have said there is nothing for the bailiff to seize so the warrant should be returned to the court.
                                The logical way forward would be to apply for the judgement to be set aside if you are positive that the debt was
                                statute barred when the claim was issued.

This can be done via the court Or ( better in this case) by writing to the claimant with proof that
                                the debt was indeed statute barred when the claim was issued, evidence would have to be supplied.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X