• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sky tv and cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky tv and cancellation

INTERESTING ONE THIS

on the 13 of july 2012, i telephoned sk and gave 31 days notice to cancell sky.
    (adverts driving me nuts)

after 20 minutes of the hard sell, it was agreed to be processed. no as my cancelation was part month, my normal package was reduced as to my final bill. fair enough but now it gets complicated

the next day, my sky card went down (smart chip) sky sent another which i recerived 4 days later by special delivery. due to having no service for 4 days sky decided on a further credit to my last outstanding bill.

now because the computer had allready been set up to take the normal bill by direct debit, i was advised to cancel my direct debit and they would send out a bank giro form for me to pay manual at a bank. this was to stop an overpayment to sky if it went by direct debit

to simplify for example

normal sky bill £30
    part month reduction, £10
    £20 adjusted bill by direct debit
    then £5 adjusted bill for loss of service, total payable £15 to sky, but sky still had not processed the £5 reduction so wanted to take £20 as final bill, cancelled direct debit on instruction and waited for bank giro mandate to be sent

yesterday sky downgraded, not happy

phoned them up on their 0844 number which lasted 30 minutes

even though it is their mistake they wanted this to turn my sky back on, (remember my contract notice period ends on the 14/08/12 31 days notice allready given)

i pay the full £20 outstanding and they would then refund the over payment
    i set up a new direct debit

AND I WOULD HAVE TO GIVE ANOTHER 31 DAYS NOTICE OF CANCELLATION AS I HAD BEEN DOWNGRADED

when i asked where that was stated in their t&c, i was blanked

very angry, i feel i have been stuffed like a kipper by sky, and i still have no service
    Tags: None

Re: Sky tv and cancellation

may i ask why i have 2 threads on this (duplicate) ??

Comment

My way is simple say the same thing and send the details to the CEO of sky this person: jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Many thanks

email sent and i will update with, if any reply

Comment

Dear Mr millitant
          Customer Account 222222222222

Thank you for your email regarding the cancellation of your account.
          Firstly , please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.
          After checking your account, I do see that there was a viewing card issue primarily and although this was replaced, a credit for the loss of service was applied to the account.
          However when our direct debit was returned, our finance systems would automatically then block the account for no payment received. I'm sorry for the misinformation given to you previously.
          The outstanding amount on the account is 15.61 (GBP). You requested that your account cancel on 13th August and you do not wish to re-subscribe for another months viewing. Therefore I have credit the account with this outstanding balance and that no further subscription would be due.
          I hope you find this acceptable. If you need any further help or assistance, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Andy Nimmo
          Executive Support Team

my thanks for the link to the CEO of sky LECLERC

it seems the CEO has now investigated my complaint and rectified it by doing a credit to my account

its a shame you have to escalate it to his department as the normal customer service phone drones just do not want to know

their excuse is an "automated process" that cut me off

well that is no excuse

but many thanks to SKY and their corporate complaints, my dispute has now been rectified to my satisfaction

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X