• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worrying bill from the no win no fee man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd wait, but tagging our resident expert on this sort of thing who may have better & more correct advice.

pt2537

Comment

I can't thank you enough already. Seriously.

It doesn't help that I actually suffered a stress related heart attack a few months ago, (there's no other reason I had it apart from this lot going on in my opinion), but there we are, that's by the by.

I've been reading A LOT on here from you guys, and even little things like sending first class with proof, instead of recorded is totally brilliant.

I look forward to seeing what's suggested next.

Excellent indeed.

All my very best thanks to you all.

Comment

Sorry just seen this. What's the name of the company that's trying to bill you?

Comment

Hello exc.

Is it okay for me to name them?

Comment

Originally posted by Aboveall View Post
            Hello exc.

Is it okay for me to name them?
            Yes.

Comment

I've just private messaged you with the firm.

all my best

Comment

I've just private messaged you with the firm.

all my best
                Nothing received, if you can PM it to EXC. That would be good. Better still just name them. There are millions of posts on this site, A large percentage have named companies etc.

Comment

Well they're a solicitors that are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

I would make a formal complaint to them and if they don't uphold it or fail to respond within 8 weeks you can then go to the Legal Ombudsman Home | Legal Ombudsman

The LO are snowed under so won't even look at a complaint for about 6 months but at least you can tell the firm not to pursue you for payment pending the formal complaints process outcome.

Comment

Well I've sent off the letter asking how they got my details, and I've got the next one draughted up, it's going to say along the lines of "before I have to escalate this to your complaints department, may I ask you to kindly drop all financial charges to me ect.."
                    Obviously worded better than that.

And then after that should I get further from them i shall inform them that I'm taking it up with the body that regulates solicitors, and then the LO after that.

Does that sound correct from what I've been reading on here?

Comment

They won't drop the charges on request. You need to make a formal complaint to them. Only after you have done so and they either reject the complaint or don't provide one within 8 weeks can you go to the LO.

Comment

Okay. So I'll write up and send off a formal complaint to them over the weekend and direct it to the relevant person.
                        And shall i put in there all what I think is wrong?
                        unsolicited initial contact
                        Contract not signed on durable medium
                        Constant harassment over the engineers fee
                        I've had zero postal communication
                        Untrue allegations from other party that they say they said.
                        and so on.?
                        I ask you this because its clearly the basis of my complaint.

Comment

Sorry , hadn't finished.
                          do I need to wait if they reply to the data request I've just sent them before I send the above or shall I just go for it?

Comment

Okay. So I'll write up and send off a formal complaint to them over the weekend and direct it to the relevant person.
                            And shall i put in there all what I think is wrong?
                            unsolicited initial contact
                            Contract not signed on durable medium
                            Constant harassment over the engineers fee
                            I've had zero postal communication
                            Untrue allegations from other party that they say they said.
                            and so on.?
                            I ask you this because its clearly the basis of my complaint.
                            Yes complain about anything & everything you're unhappy about.

Sorry , hadn't finished.
                            do I need to wait if they reply to the data request I've just sent them before I send the above or shall I just go for it?
                            Yes it might be wise to wait until you get the data request response. Not only might it bring up information that supports your complaint, if they don't respond within the 30 days they are obliged to, you can add that to your complaint.

Comment

Awesome.
                              I'll keep you posted.

I do appreciate all this.

All my best

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X