• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car locked and parked on drive - robbed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car locked and parked on drive - robbed!

Car parked on drive at home and locked robbed with no forced entry - trying to claim on house insurance but Insurance company tell me to prove it was locked! I knew what was in the car and would not leave it unlocked! I have been made to feel like a criminal for trying to claim.
    Tags: None

Make and model of car - look it up re: keyless entry / wireless key fob security.

Do you or neighbours have CCTV? Showing theft or car being locked?

Do you have a crime reference number? (reported it to police).

Comment

no cctv, and was reported to police on the day but they did not attend - they were busy!
      because I didn't know about these devices I blamed myself and kept saying ''i cannot believe i could be so stupid'' assuming i left the car unlocked but was so sure i had and would've locked it - as I always do - I only later learned what robbers can do if they want to access a key fob lockable cars!

Ive phoned the car manufacturers up but they wont indicate if they have any records of car break ins

Comment

Do you have a crime reference number? If so give that to insurance company.

Comment

In your earlier thread (https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ce-not-covered)
          you referred to two cars.
          Have the insurers accepted a claim from one car?
          Were both cars locked?
          As per paulajayne do you have a crime number?
          Are you so certain that you locked both cars you could swear an affidavit to that fact?

Whilst it is up to the insured to prove their loss, there is also an element about trust regarding insurance contracts.
          This extends, not only to the insureds duty of disclosure, but also to the insurers accepting claims.
          If you state the cars were locked, and they refuse to pay because you cannot prove the fact, they are implying this is a fraudulent claim (ie one not covered as policy conditions were not met)
          If they suspect this is a fraudulent claim the burden of proof is on the insurers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X