• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent - serving notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - serving notice

Hi,

Sorry for the dumb question, but today I received directions hearing next Thursday for my application for ex breaching contact. As I only got the papers today, can I send it recorded mail tomorrow and just take the signed statement of service to the court next Thursday? Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

URGENT BUMP

Just to add, I received confirmation of hearing date on Wednesday 3rd of April with instruction to serve notice to the respondent. I sent the papers via Royal Mail special delivery yesterday and today received confirmation that the concierge at the apartments where the respondent lives had signed for the package. I called the concierge who confirmed the item had been passed over tho the respondent. Is this suffice confirmation that the notice has been served? Or do I need to contact the respondent to have their confirmation? The court date is Wednesday 10th April so I would appreciate I fast response. Is it worth scanning the document and emailing it to respondent?

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry I only just saw this. Hope all went well. Your service, as you'll now know, appears to be fine considering the timescales . Are there any follow on hearings? You'd do well to get hold of an email address. You can then 'notify' them of any applications in advance/ask for disclosures. Always be polite and brief if you can.
      Do get some legal advice on the 'big points' if you can - some agencies such as parenting 2000 will give an hour a week pro bono with a solicitor. Stopping contact >should< be a massive deal. In English courts I believe its often excused in the short-term so I hope things are going OK.

Comment

Hi Bazeydog

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I did this to try to get in touch with you.

I noticed from your username that you're an active user of Separated Dads forum - I, and many others, are keen to use the forum for help with our own situations but the forum is broken and does not allow new users to register - this seems to have been going on for a while now. I cannot bring it to their attention without being registered - catch22!

As you are an active member with an active account, please can you help by creating a new thread bringing this to the attention of the moderators? Hopefully, this will bring it to their attention to be able to sort it out.

The specific issue is that activation codes are not sent from the site, so new accounts cannot be activated.

Many thanks

Richard

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X