• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Evidence in disclourse has been edited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence in disclourse has been edited

I am in the process of taking my NHS employer to a tribunal regarding disability descrimination (I'm deaf).

We are currently at the stage for exchanging our disclourses, or would be expect I got an email from them yesterday night asking would I agree to an extension. Apparently due to an it upgrade they have lost my disclosure files...

I have a feeling they are going to claim the files are unrecoverable next, is this a common tatic?
    Tags: None

Re: Respondent has lost files

Originally posted by mechjerk View Post
    I am in the process of taking my NHS employer to a tribunal regarding disability descrimination (I'm deaf).

We are currently at the stage for exchanging our disclourses, or would be expect I got an email from them yesterday night asking would I agree to an extension. Apparently due to an it upgrade they have lost my disclosure files...

I have a feeling they are going to claim the files are unrecoverable next, is this a common tatic?
    No I think not.

I presume you have copies of all documents you have submitted?

nem

Comment

Yes I have both printed and electronic copies.

The weird thing is that we both thought the orginal deadline was three weeks ago. It was only last week that we recieved the summary letter and the judge had given us a bit extra. Not knowing this at the time I gave them my disclourse they failed to answer my emails about theirs.

It's only this time that they have come out with this, I have no idea what they are playing at.

Comment

Yes I have both printed and electronic copies.

The weird thing is that we both thought the orginal deadline was three weeks ago. It was only last week that we recieved the summary letter and the judge had given us a bit extra. Not knowing this at the time I gave them my disclourse they failed to answer my emails about theirs.

It's only this time that they have come out with this, I have no idea what they are playing at.
        Often when major public bodies are involved things do go astray in the system I'm sorry to say.

nem

Comment

Whats their problem? if they have lost their files but you have the same they ask you for copies and job done.

Comment

I've never seen what files they have, I'm assuming there are lots of emails between themselves and HR and the various line managers involved.

I have a feeling they don't want anyone to see these emails hence they have been lost.

Comment

Would expect by law they must have these files there would be a back up somewhere think you are right

Comment

Respondent is ignoring all requests

The respondent in my case (a NHS trust), is ignoring all my attempts to communicate with them. They are 10 days late with there disclourse, and there is no sign they are ever gping to hand it over.

I plan of writing to the tribunal office and explain as I believe they can order the respondent (although I doubt that will do much good).

Is there any course of action I can také regarding the person that is the contact at the Trust? She has been a pain in the butt from the very start and her behaviour is very unprofessional?

Comment

Re: Respondent is ignoring all requests

The respondent in my case (a NHS trust), is ignoring all my attempts to communicate with them. They are 10 days late with there disclourse, and there is no sign they are ever gping to hand it over.

I plan of writing to the tribunal office and explain as I believe they can order the respondent (although I doubt that will do much good).

Is there any course of action I can také regarding the person that is the contact at the Trust? She has been a pain in the butt from the very start and her behaviour is very unprofessional?
                  Your only option is to write to the Tribunal and get the Judge to issue a directive order.

Regards

NMNP

Comment

Respondent responce struck out

I've recieved a copy of a letter today that has been sent to the respondent telling them they may have the responce struck out due to not obeying orders and not communicating.

If this happens, what happens to my case? Do they have no further say in proceedings? Do I still have to go to the court?

Comment

Re: Respondent responce struck out

The Respondent can apply for an extension of time to comply which may or may not be granted by the Tribunal.
                      Has a hearing date already been set?

Comment

emailed disclourse???

The respondet in my employment tribunal case has finally sent me their disclourse in two pdfs via email.

Is this normal?

Also the disclosure has no index just a lot of scanned letters and emails, badly scanned and randomly put in an order.

Not all the files are even their for example I expected alot of common files between us but they are missing alot of emails I sent them, shouldn't these be included?

Comment

Re: emailed disclourse???

The respondet in my employment tribunal case has finally sent me their disclourse in two pdfs via email.

Is this normal?

Also the disclosure has no index just a lot of scanned letters and emails, badly scanned and randomly put in an order.

Not all the files are even their for example I expected alot of common files between us but they are missing alot of emails I sent them, shouldn't these be included?
                          Simple answer No, if evidence is provided to the tribunal in this way it's likely to be ignored or thrown out.

nem

Comment

Re: emailed disclourse???

Does this mean they should have presented me with a printed copy of their disclourse? They want me to look through their pdfs and tell them what I want included but it's a nightmare trying to sort through the files as their are no real page separations as to where one email starts and another ends.

I've also discovered one piece of evidence has been messed around with. I have the orginal form I filled in and they have a copy but with some information missing (which suggests they have doctored the form in their version).

Comment

Evidence in disclourse has been edited

When I received the disclourse from the respondent, I noticed one document had been edited. It's a photocopy (I have the orginal), and they have removed a few sentences that are quite bad for them.

I wrote to the tribunal and told them this and copied in the respondents solicitor. He's emailed me back a very snotty email telling me I should come to him in the first instance, they deny the edit say it's a mater for cross examination at the trial, is this right?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X