• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Dismissal After Trial/Probationary Period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dismissal After Trial/Probationary Period

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
    Yes the manager takes over and investigates any concerns raised by the employee

The Protected Disclosure Act only applies if that discl;osure has been made to outside regulatory authorities and the employee then suffers detriment from the employer because of that disclosure

THERE HAS BEN NO PROTECTED DISCLOSURE MADE BY THE EMPLOYEE

I'm now intrigued and anxious to learn
    Please explain the import of Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 Sec 43C (1) (a

Please cease and desist posting up links that are irrelevant, even if well meant
    No comment,

Comment

Yes that is correct

But there is a difference between a qualified and a protected disclosure

There has been no grievance procedure or any paper trail to prove the dismissal is a direct result of that disclosure

What the employee is being submittd to is unlawful detriment if proven

How do you prove the dismissal is a direct result of raising a health and safety concern?

Comment

[QUOTE=judgemental24;594921]Yes that is correct

[/QUOTE

Please explain the difference
        Public Interest Disclosure Act Sec 43A:
        "Meaning of "protected disclosure"
        In this act a "protected disclosure"means a qualifying disclosure"

Comment

Corect but any dismissal will be subject to the Employment Rights Act, not the Public Disclosure Act

But i go back to my point

How can you prove the dismissal was a direct result of that disclosure with no prior grievance or paper trail?

Where an employee has made a protected disclosure and he believes he has suffered a detriment, he notifies his employer via that grievance to redress any perceived detriment

Without a referenced paper trail he will not even get past ACAS, let alone any Tribunal

Comment

But the proximity of the disclosure and dismissal suggest an a priori case for unfair dismissal ... no?

I'm not into employment, but just like reading Acts and trying to work out what they mean .... something to do in the winter evenings!

Comment

Yes i agree on the proximity and cries out unfair dismissal

But the cost of a Tribunal to the end will set you back £1200.00 with no legal aid

Legal aid is for protected characteristics, though you have suffered discrimination so unsure on that one

I know i have not got that sort of money to risk on a Tribunal

You know as well as me Tribunals always favour the employer, The most the OP can expect will probably be "Sod off" money by the employer if a claim is submitted through a consent order

That is the reality

Comment

True, but not I think how you were arguing at the beginning!.

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
                  Yes that is correct

There has been no grievance procedure or any paper trail to prove the dismissal is a direct result of that disclosure

What the employee is being submittd to is unlawful detriment if proven

How do you prove the dismissal is a direct result of raising a health and safety concern?
                  this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...3&d=1447702092
                  Don't let them grind you down

Comment

People on this thread

If i have come accross as obnoxious today i apologise

I have had raging toothache all day and cannot get to a dentist appointment until thursday unless i have £60.00 to spend.

Well i got my ESA on friday so dentist tmorrow minus £60.00, i cannot stand this for another three days

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone!

I took the points raised in this thread to ACAS, and since being contacted, the company has involved a 3rd party to act on their behalf. ACAS are due to be back in touch by the end of this week wwith an update. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

And judgemental24, I hope you managed to get to the dentist and you feeling pain-free now! Toothache is the only pain I cannot stand.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X