• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Got dismissed today. Advice please. .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got dismissed today. Advice please. .

I was thinking. I know I work for the company but at the moment I stole I was NOT clocked in therefore just a customer. Does this make any difference to the allegation?

Comment

no in fact best move on

Comment

I've been with the company for 5 years with an un blemished record. Until Saturday when I was caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Acjb007 View Post
          I've been with the company for 5 years with an un blemished record. Until Saturday when I was caught.
          That is all it takes, trust goes out of the window! move on and better yourself again elsewhere

Comment

I'm in charge of posting customer complaint issues off. This is any product the store sells. One was a very heavy frying pan that cost about Ł20 to post. I haven't put in a claim for these for at least 9 months. I have all the receipts. I also drove to another branch to collect bags as we had run out. I didn't claim for these either. my manager did mention that I must claim them asap as she didn't want to see me out of pocket. It's a difficult one as there are so many to claim now I'd have to find half hour to put an expense claim form together. I was told I must do it that day but then given unachievable demands for the day. The store is so busy in a 9 hour shift I quite often don't sit down once and miss breaks due to meeting store targets. So they've done wrong not paying me? Could I use this as another reason I stole?
            NO - you haven't bloody claimed it.

And even if you had claimed and it hadn't been paid, it would not warrant thieving on multiple occasions.

Comment

I'm in charge of posting customer complaint issues off. This is any product the store sells. One was a very heavy frying pan that cost about Ł20 to post. I haven't put in a claim for these for at least 9 months. I have all the receipts. I also drove to another branch to collect bags as we had run out. I didn't claim for these either. my manager did mention that I must claim them asap as she didn't want to see me out of pocket. It's a difficult one as there are so many to claim now I'd have to find half hour to put an expense claim form together. I was told I must do it that day but then given unachievable demands for the day. The store is so busy in a 9 hour shift I quite often don't sit down once and miss breaks due to meeting store targets. So they've done wrong not paying me? Could I use this as another reason I stole?
              To be honest the store should have its own account with couriers or with the royal mail, or at least have petty cash put aside to cover such costs on the day they are incurred. So you shouldn't have ever been expected to have to pay postage out of your own pocket and then make a claim for it as expenses. That's just wrong on so many levels, and if that's a store managements decision then that's just poor management of the lowest kind in my view.

Also don't forget since its a big supermarket chain, they would have had their own accounts with couriers and/or royal mail anyway.

Its irrelevant as to whether you claimed at as expenses or not, the fact is, as soon as you put your hand in your pocket and paid for the postage with your money, you became one of your employers creditors and therefore they are indebted to you and you need to reclaim that money.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

For a large store I could tell you hundreds of stories of how ridiculously badly it's run and cases of gross misconduct in the management and bully at a high level.

Do I just mention the expenses and say I'm not claiming due to stealing from the store in a hope it will somehow redeem any bad feelings or do I use it to my advantage and some how ask for a good reference. Since being dismissed I am struggling to function without structure and routine and it's only been a few days. I know what I did is wrong on so many levels but could my gp maybe use my mental health and and abusive past to help at least get the company to hold some responsibility in getting me a good reference? I was told if I ask for one it will state I was dismissed.

Comment

Personaly, I give up.

Comment

get on with your life put down as a mistake you will not get anywhere harping on with it, you messed up that is it, the days of I am going to tell on them finished when you left school, meantime clean up your act., and start a fresh, get a menial job to start then keep to the correct pathway, leave drink alone, and study to better yourself- enough said on this Thread! we look to help people in need.

Comment

If i may butt in,
                      You need help with several problems go and see your GP and get the help you need however you look at or excuse it you stole from the shop trying to put the blame elsewhere will come to nothing as said in other posts get on with life this is one mistake of many you like others have made .

Get the help NOW its out there BUT you must ASK for it

Comment

And we will try and help, but the inexcusable is just that

Comment

You really should stop now and try to get a standard reference.

If you start taking action against them or send them threatening letters, they may well refer the matter to the police. Whilst the police wouldn't do much, you could end up getting a record (unlikely but the worst case scenario).

Comment

Just to add, you don't seem to understand seriousness of your actions.

Stealing is bad enough but stealing from your employer is worse.

Jobcentreplus is waiting!

Comment

I do understand the seriousness of my actions but there are mitigating circumstances. Work have said my reference will confirm I worked there and my roles but will say I was dismissed. Any way around this? My manager there of 3yrs now works for a different company but I believe he can do a glowing reference. Would that be accepted? There is a similar job going I'm going to apply for. When asked why I left I want to be honest but what is the best way to handle it? Say I left due to uncontrollable circumstances?

Comment

about the reference if im right about the supermarket you worked for all reference requests have to go via head office, and all it will say is that you worked there and job title,and that you were dismissed, it wont go into detail.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X