• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Reasonable adjustments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable adjustments

Hi there.

i am hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

i work for a very large employer in and i know find myself in a position where I need a reasonable adjustment because of a disability.

I am being told that I have to “apply” for reasonable adjustments even though I know I am entitled to do this.
    Is the onus on the employer to explore the reasonable adjustment?
    They are clearly aware of my disability and I was of an assumption it would be best to have a collaborative approach but it seems my manager thinks I should be going to them begging for it, even though I’ve already made a formal
    request.

There is a lot of sickness and positions when people have left, roles have not been recruited for and this has already been used as a reason to put me off from asking on the basis of productivity
    Can employer do this as well?

I appreciate any advice or direction given.

Many thanks.

V
    Tags: None

Hello, just a few questions if you don't mind, just so anyone reading this knows where you are with is so far.

What is the disability you require adjustments for?

​Have you officially made your employer aware of your disability? If so how and when?

​​​​​​What sort of adjustments do you feel you need?

Can your employer refer you for an occupational health assessment?

If you make your employer aware of a disability they have a legal obligation to support you in the workplace and ensure you're not disadvantaged. Ask for a meeting with the appropriate person to discuss it. Think about what adjustments would benefit you, and try to keep them 'reasonable', they may be more likely to accept any changes if they don't disrupt things too much. They don't have to agree to any requests, but they will need to have considered them and have a valid reason as to why they don't. A lot of employers won't offer up adjustments for many reasons, but I doubt they consider them selves experts on this. That's why I asked about access to occupational health.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X