• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Do I need to provide a list of evidence to a grievance meeting in advance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have been asked to attend a team meeting and do not attend then it could be considered as you not adhering to a reasonable instruction from a manager. Not a situation I would suggest you put yourself in.

You do not need your union representative with you to attend the meeting.

You may just want to email the the regional manager in advance and just say although you will be attending with an outstanding grievance ongoing you do no feel you may be able to actively contribute to the meeting.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post

You may just want to email the the regional manager in advance and just say although you will be attending with an outstanding grievance ongoing you do no feel you may be able to actively contribute to the meeting.
      Is there specific legal words that I should use? For example "conflict of interest"?

Comment

This manager is very cunning. I told you all in post number 15 that my colleague JANE does the same job as me. She's the only person who can back me up in the evidence I need for my grievance.

One of the staff (SUSAN) accused Jane of bullying her for 3 years. This is a lie.
        Jane was interviewed by 2 managers about the accusation and me COLONEL was named too. Susan had said that Jane, Colonel and Tracy have been ganging up on her for 3 years to bully her ...... that's nonsense.

I think the manager has put Susan up to making a grievance against Jane. If Jane ends up resigning I will have no one backing up my grievance and the manager will win.

Tracy is a person who recently got sacked for saying ONE offensive word to the manager. Tracy appealed and won her case and was re-employed but she didn't take the job because she found a better job. No one supported Tracy by saying lets have a team meeting (see post number 15) and make things nice again. She was just (wrongfully)-sacked pretty much immediately. Tracy worked closely with my manager so knows lots of things.

I know deep down that the corrupt regional manager is going to be supporting my manager against all accusations. She did the same for a previous manager who had complaints from about 4 different staff about 4 different things.

Question: say may grievance falls apart and I end up having to leave. Can I take up my case with an industrial tribunal? Is that a proper legal court? Can I bring in former employees (Tracy) give evidence? If Jane leaves, can she bring Colonel into an industrial tribunal to support her? And Tracy too?

Comment

Another question: Jane has been questioned regarding a grievance against her made by Susan. I was named during the questioning.
          If I am questioned regarding Susan's grievance, should I refuse to say anything because I have my own grievance appeal outcome pending. Shall I say there maybe some overlap between Susan's grievance and mine and I need my union representative present?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to pick up what info I can
          Last edited by Colonel; 23rd June 2024, 22:05:PM.

Comment

Responses to your above 3 posts.

Post #17

No you do not need specific legal words. I sent out in the final part of my post #16 some wording you can use.

Post #18

It is not an industrial tribunal it is an Employment Tribunal (ET). If you decide to resign then you need to prove a claim of constructive unfair dismissal which is where an employer has committed a serious breach of contract, entitling the employee to resign in response to the employer’s conduct. Be aware that it is in fact difficult to prove constructive dismissal - not many claims win. You need to show that you resigned as a result of a fundamental breach of contract on the part of the company, or a breach of what is called the "implied duty of trust and confidence". The bar is set quite high for claimants in this respect as you will need to convince the tribunal that the company acted without good cause in a way which was likely to destroy the relationship of trust and confidence between an employer and an employee.

You can ask Tracy to be a witness but only if what she can contribute is relevant to supporting your claim.

Likewise in respect of your question about Jane making a claim, she an ask you and Tracy to be witnesses but your evidence is only useful if it supports any claim she is making.

Post #19

Your grievance and Susan's are separate and if you asked to attend a meeting as part of any investigation into her grievance you should attend and answer any questions honestly. You should be given a copy of your statement to review and sign, so anything you do not feel has been accurately recorded you can amend.

It is not usual to have a union representative present, you can ask but it may not be agreed to.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you ULA

Comment

Summary:
                Grievance submitted
                Had grievance outcome
                Grievance appeal submitted

I'm waiting for the verdict of my grievance appeal. Expecting it any day now.

I get little time to respond to their decisions yet they take ages. So I need to be prepared.

Question: if I'm still not happy with the outcome of my appeal, what do I do?

I 100% do not want to leave. I've due nothing wrong. I'm hoping that there's a negotiation or a mediated meeting with me and my manager where we agree to work together better

Some things in the working practices have already changed since I began my grievance, though no one openly admitted it.
                There certainly is hostility... I get plenty of dirty looks, and manager who I'm sure is just waiting for me to make a mistake

Comment

You will need to check any policies and procedures but normally the appeal of a grievance is the last stage.

I would suggest that you see whether you can speak to HR to try to arrange a mediated meeting with you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X