• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Tribunal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Tribunal

Hi Need Hellp Legal Beagles
    I am Taking my ex Employer to an Employment Tribunal after I was dismissed
    My advocate, say unfortunately he is of the opinion that you have less than 10% chance of winning at a tribunal. what should I do is it worth going on with it or should I withdraw?. All I want is be able to have something for the many year I worked for them and a Job reference that I can trust
    Tags: None

Who is your advocate? Not their name but their status: are they an employment lawyer, a barrister, a union representative, or what is their qualification to represent you at tribunal?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Does this also relate to the post made on a completely thread, of which I have copied and pasted below:

Hi I need help with this below as all I want is to be able to get some compensation to be able to trust job reference from ex employer as I had worked for them for 22 year before I was dismissed
      The claimant shall set out in writing what remedy the
      Tribunal is being asked to award. The claimant shall
      send a copy to the respondent. The claimant shall
      include any evidence and documentation supporting
      what is claimed and how it is calculated. The claimant
      shall also include information about what steps the
      claimant has taken to reduce any loss (including any
      earnings or benefits received from new employment).

I have also deleted that thread and ask that you continue on this thread only please.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
        Who is your advocate? Not their name but their status: are they an employment lawyer, a barrister, a union representative, or what is their qualification to represent you at tribunal?
        HR Consultant MA LLM FCIPD for Premier Advocates

Comment

[QUOTE=ULA;n1656094]Does this also relate to the post made on a completely thread, of which I have copied and pasted below:

Hi I need help with this below as all I want is to be able to get some compensation to be able to trust job reference from ex employer as I had worked for them for 22 year before I was dismissed
          The claimant shall set out in writing what remedy the
          Tribunal is being asked to award. The claimant shall
          send a copy to the respondent. The claimant shall

I have also deleted that thread and ask that you continue on this thread only please.[/I am not Brave I am scared ]

Comment

Any remedy award given by an Employment Tribunal will only happen if you win your claim. I cannot comment on the reputation of someone who is an "HR Consultant MA LLM FCIPD for Premier Advocates" (who do not even have a website that I can find) in their ability/knowledge to be able to say that you have "less than 10% chance of winning at a tribunal." They are not an employment law solicitor would be my only comment but if they are a experienced HR consultant they may have the knowledge to give such an opinion.

In any event a reference cannot be something that a Tribunal can award as part of a remedy if you should win, it would be a financial one and in some rare circumstances reinstatement.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Intodeep View Post

HR Consultant MA LLM FCIPD for Premier Advocates
              Castle Associates

they are part of the same company even if the lady that answers the phon says they are not https://castleassociates.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
                Any remedy award given by an Employment Tribunal will only happen if you win your claim. I cannot comment on the reputation of someone who is an "HR Consultant MA LLM FCIPD for Premier Advocates" (who do not even have a website that I can find) in their ability/knowledge to be able to say that you have "less than 10% chance of winning at a tribunal." They are not an employment law solicitor would be my only comment but if they are a experienced HR consultant they may have the knowledge to give such an opinion.

In any event a reference cannot be something that a Tribunal can award as part of a remedy if you should win, it would be a financial one and in some rare circumstances reinstatement.
                I had worked for them for 22 year before I was dismissed for what the are calling gross misconduct but when I have spoken to recruitment agents they have said what is wrong with that.
                I don't know as the
                claimant how to set out in writing what remedy the Tribunal is being asked to award. and what to ask for .

The claimant shall send a copy to the respondent. The claimant shall

Comment

should I just drop my case as I am all ready stressed with the paper work and my Tribunal is not till January

Comment

We cannot advise on whether or not you should drop your claim, that decision is entirely down to you.

Is the hearing in Jan what is termed a preliminary hearing or is it the final hearing?

Comment

this is the first hearing

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
                        my union representative was useless and my Union said you have no chance of winning so legal will not help you

Comment

So both your union and an indeoendent HR consultant/advocate have told you you have next to no chance of winning?

In deciding whether you want to go ahead and continue with your claim you need to take into account that you are almost certainly going to lose your case.

Whether you want to try and see if you win is up to you and as advised upthread that we cannot advise on whether or not you should drop your claim.
                          All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

the other side rejected my £15,500 and offer me £2000 the same they gave my manager who only was there for 2 years.
                            I had worked there for 22 year monday to friday 8am to 16:30 and there first Go A Way offer is £2000 it is an insult

Comment

You have been advised by 2 people that you are unlikely to win your claim and you have not provided any information on what you are claiming for.

It does not matter how long you were employed at the company it is about how strong your claim is. You need to factor the following:

1. The result of the preliminary hearing may be you do not have a claim and it will be dismissed at that point.
                              2. Depending on your claim it may be well into 2024 before you get a final hearing in place.
                              3. The process is not easy and can be very stressful.
                              4. A tribunal may not find in your favour and you will get nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X