• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Negotiation and settlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much ULA , we did not even think of contacting the HMRC to ask!

I have also come across this and would be grateful for your thoughts on it. It is an excerpt from this link https://www.gov.uk/termination-payme...l-insurance-on

"What you do not pay tax and National Insurance on
    You will not pay tax and National Insurance on:
    • a termination payment you get because of an injury, illness or disability that prevents you from being able to continue to do your job"
    Could all the payments Mum gets in the settlement via a COT3 come under this payment? Because Mum has not been able to work due to her disabilities.

"Just a thought what has happened about any pension payments whilst she has been off on long term sick?"

In answer to your question: Mum has an NHS pension, when her sick pay stopped she has not been earning and therefore not paying into her pension. Mum's schedule of loss claims for missed pension contribution from her employer and they have said in their counter SoL that the employer kept making this contribution anyway so it is not due, but they have not provided evidence of this. NHS pension says the employer can only contribute when the employee is contributing and we have this in an email in writing.

Check if you’ll pay tax or National Insurance on the 'termination payment' you may get when leaving a job.

Comment

I would suggest as per my sign off, if you have have any queries about the advice given,.particularly as it relates to tax, then ask HMRC, if your mother decides to call them as advised in my last post.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
        I would suggest as per my sign off, if you have have any queries about the advice given,.particularly as it relates to tax, then ask HMRC, if your mother decides to call them as advised in my last post.
        Thanks ULA, we'll do that this week.

Comment

Hi ULA ,

I have come to ask for your advice again. We have the psychologist expert witness report and the Respondent will not agree to add it to the bundle. They say, it is because they have conceded disability already and the hearing is for liability only so the report is not relevant. It is only relevant for a remedy hearing if Mum's claims succeed.

Is it true? Shall we just agree to not include it in the liability hearing bundle?

The only reason I can think to want to include it is to show that Mum's employer caused her disabilities and the extend of her disabilities and prognosis.

Comment

Will your mother be referring to any elements of the report in her witness statement
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
              Will your mother be referring to any elements of the report in her witness statement
              Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, she will and is in the process of putting it together.

Comment

In which case I suggest your mother emails the respondent and lets them know that she will be referring to this document in her WS and that it will be required to be put in the bundle.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X