• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

ET3 - Can a Claimant counter lies and how (with evidence)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET3 - Can a Claimant counter lies and how (with evidence)

Hi,

I am currently dealing with a former employer in relation to an ET case. An ET3 was submitted 6 months ago but failed to deal with the substance of my claim. The EJ then granted the Respondent leave a few months ago to redo it. My question is:

** the new ET3 is a total change of story from the old

** the new ET3 is expectedly full of mistruths and blatant lies, can i counter the ET3 as i need to include evidence that disproves their claims?

Many thanks

Tags: None

If the ET have allowed the submission of new ET3 form then that is what will be used as your former employer's defence.

There is no form that you can use to counter their revised ET3, however what you will be doing as your claim proceeds through the ET process is to deal with this by way of the documents that will need to be disclosed by you and the respondent as part of the document exchange process and within your witness statement.

You are at the very beginning of what, depending on your claim could be a long process.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I don't agree with the above. If you can prove obvious dishonesty in the ET3 you can apply to strike it out at a preliminary hearing.

Comment

There is a clearly defined process to go through and a "strike out" is the most draconian action that a Tribtunal can take in relation to a claim or a defence and it is not done lightly. Assuming the ET have accepted the revised ET3 from the respondent, you will need to start preparing your case very clearly setting out what you believe are the mistruths and blatant lies in preparation for any PHR, if it is determined that there should be one.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I agree with ULA, the best way to disprove their lies is to obtain copies of the documentation to support their version of events within the ET3. You need to submit a subject access request ASAP.

If nothing is provided from the SAR to support their version of events but then mysteriously turns up in the bundle disclosure, then you have a basis to call out their lies, plus the serious offence of withholding information from a SAR.

If they do not provide any documentation within the disclosure to support their version of events, then they have no defence and you can challenge them at the hearing on that basis

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X