• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help for disciplinary meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...een-dismissed/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...dship-payment/

If all else fails, contact your MP, send them an email. Make sure you state your address, otherwise they tend to ignore. .

Comment

So sorry to hear how stressed you are about the situation which is understandable.

I am concerned when you say "Also he mentioned end of the meeting that any holiday days is paid at £1 for any that is untaken in august in september due to gross misconduct which i was shocked to hear. Is that true legislation or shall i make an unfair complaint about that".

Even if you are dismissed for gross misconduct you are entitled to be paid in full for any accrued but untaken holiday at the time you were dismissed.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Yeah that did seem really dodgy when he mentioned £1 for any holiday untaken as it should be at least minimum wages. I dont think he knows how the procedure works when giving displionary to employee his words on the dismissal sheet was:

“So the decision I have come to is that you are being Dismissed”

Notice will be from today and Holiday is paid at £1. You also have 14 days to appeal the decision and the letter will include the place you need to go to appeal the decision

The reason I have come to this outcome – even taking into account everything you have been through - which we have discussed it today regading mental health there has been a breach of company policy.
        - The investigation was specific on you not leaving without there being cover in place. Which left a very serious threat. It cas make make the difference between saving and not being saved especially if there was bomb evacuation.
        - You did not follow a reasonable management request. I was willing to support with cover and and the appointment should have been cancelled”

It just seems like the manager is making big deal out of the situation just for me leaving the building for an hour due to opticians apppontment and coming back afterwards. Had i known the consequences I would of never done it and did not give me any warnings but dismissal especially after working 4 years with only one offence.

From stating it all is advisable to make an appeal and have i got justification? I do feel like im being screwed over and dramatically accused

Comment

Your decision to whether to appeal or not is entirely yours. The appeal should be someone who has not been involved in the disciplinary meeting so not the manager who has decided to dismiss you. Maybe another person will be more objective.

Have you had the letter yet confirming the outcome of the disciplinary and who you should appeal to? If so does it mention this issue of holiday pay being at £1. If so that is definitely grounds to make an appeal as well as the severity of the action being taken.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Sadly havent received a letter yet just the dismissal document that was discussed in the displionary meeting. But i have within 14 days from the 27 july to appeal. So i might have to appeal by sending email to HR next week if i dont get it soon or might lose out

Comment

contact on line citizens advice for advice,, move on as I found out take to tribunals or make a fuss possible new employers shun you as word gets around, 49 applications and only one interview, did not get that, ended travel miles to do washing up on motorway site for a while. but never if told not to do to an appointment with authority.. always make a new appointment time.

Comment

As you say make sure you appeal well within the 14 days and when you send it to HR make them aware that you have not been told who to send your appeal letter to.

Comment

Since my dismissal last tuesday I still have not received a letter yet who to appeal and my P45. Not sure what i can do at this point if i should wait til it comes or generally send an appeal email as im worried might lose out as its been 7 days now

Comment

If you have not received anything formal other than the dismissal document do not wait. You have up to 14 days to submit the appeal and you do not want to miss that timescale.

I think you already know the basis of the appeal so set that out and send it in.

Comment

Some templates that might help you - https://www.acas.org.uk/disciplinary...tter-templates

Comment

How would i be able to appeal without any official letters other than the meeting that happened with my manager upon dismissal on tuesday 27th july. I do think hes taking advantage of the situation as i still havent received any letter yet.

Would it be best to directly message HR regarding the issue and his unfair dismissal is especially the £1 part or would i get into trouble and theres legal process to wait for letter from post?

Many thanks for the support guys dont think i could make it this far without your advice

Comment

He also mention in the letter “You have 14 days to appeal your decision and the letter will include a place to appeal your decision” but is taking the micky as its 7th august now

Comment

As we have already advised you need to put your appeal in by Monday at the latest or you will be out of time. I would still say that this needs to go to the HR department in the absence of any formal letter detailing the outome of your discisplinary meeting. Explain in your letter that the reason why you are sending it to them is that you have had not formal letter or indication of who the appeal letter should be sent to.

The template linked to in post #25 will help give you the basics and I think you are already clear about the points you want to appeal on:

1. Severity of the action being taken given your exemplory conduct to date.
                            2. Not following up on the disciplinary meeting with the formal notification of the outcome.
                            3. The fact that you have been told your holiday pay will be paid at £1.

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
                              As we have already advised you need to put your appeal in by Monday at the latest or you will be out of time. I would still say that this needs to go to the HR department in the absence of any formal letter detailing the outome of your discisplinary meeting. Explain in your letter that the reason why you are sending it to them is that you have had not formal letter or indication of who the appeal letter should be sent to.

The template linked to in post #25 will help give you the basics and I think you are already clear about the points you want to appeal on:

1. Severity of the action being taken given your exemplory conduct to date.
                              2. Not following up on the disciplinary meeting with the formal notification of the outcome.
                              3. The fact that you have been told your holiday pay will be paid at £1.

Excellent advice and post.
                              It sounds like a strategy to limit the time to Appeal, so OP needs to be on the front foot.

Comment

Thank you for the advice and guidance I will definitely try sort that out by monday. Will give head office a call too if email takes too long to reply back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X