• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help for disciplinary meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know how you get on.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Did try calling them but no answer but have sent an email to HR regarding about the appeal as i still have not received any confirmation letter about my dismissal and about the £1 holiday issue as it has been 2 weeks now.

They replied back saying Please accept my apologies you have not received any communication on the matter and i will look into this matter for you. I have sent them the document of the meeting that was held so thankfully might get some answers back

Comment

Originally posted by Jprice95 View Post
        Did try calling them but no answer but have sent an email to HR regarding about the appeal as i still have not received any confirmation letter about my dismissal and about the £1 holiday issue as it has been 2 weeks now.

They replied back saying Please accept my apologies you have not received any communication on the matter and i will look into this matter for you. I have sent them the document of the meeting that was held so thankfully might get some answers back
        That is ridiculous, if you hadn't said anything, you might be waiting for years.I can just imagine the conversation between HR and the Manager, 'you know that chap you dismissed, he wants to Appeal', at which point the Manager looks up Appeal's in the company manual.

It sounds like HR don't know anything about it, this most likely down to the manager / managers who dismissed you not telling HR you've been dismissed.

Have you got a copy of your employee handbook? If not ask HR for one.

Comment

So eventually i did get an email from HR staff memeber regarding the issue with not recieving dismissal letter and the unfairness of the £1 holiday and the response was

Hi Jamie,
          Thank you for your email.

I have raised the below with your manager this morning who will be in touch with your dismissal letter in due course.
          We respect of holiday, I can confirm that as you were summarily dismissed you are only entitled to £1 in respect of your accrued holiday. You will receive your P45 once your final wages have been process & you have been made a leaver on the Payroll system.

Should you wish to appeal the decision to dismiss, you will need to send a letter to this email address outlining your reasons for appeal. Appeals need to be made within 14 days of the dismissal date however, in your case – this will be when you receive your outcome letter.

Just goes to show how unfair and unorganised this stationary company is, at this rate im considering off just forgetting the whole problem and move onto quickly getting a job.

Luckily i have applied for some jobs these past few days and got an acceptance offer for local supermarket shop in witney. Just hoping my former boss and colleague will be good enough references. Hopefully might be better change for me like thebworkplace and management as this whole misconduct issue is a complete mess and need a fresh start.

Thank you echat11 and ula for your support really has helped me a lot and got me through this

Comment

JPRICE95

It may be helpful to have a quick 10min chat with ACAS about your situation. It is free of charge. I have to say that your employer sounds awful, and a think they really won’t improve as an employer if you just head off quietly and get a new job. Though I understand why you might want to just move on.

They can’t withhold the holiday pay you have accrued, and I’m pretty sure the reason they fired you does not
            constitute gross misconduct.

As an employer, I would very rarely suggest this, but in your instance, I do think you have been treated unfairly and feel you could make a successful claim for unfair dismissal.

Comment

I am sorry to say your employer is incorrect. Even if you have been summarily dismissed, which in my opnion is excessive for what has happened, you are still entitled to be paid any statutory holiday entitlement you have accrued and not taken up until the date of the dismissal.

If you do not get paid any accrued but untaken holiday entitlement up to the date of your dismissal, then this is an unlawful deduction of wages for which you can make an employment tribunal claim.
              If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
              If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X