• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Statement of truth in defence/application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement of truth in defence/application

Hi guys.

I'm currently engaged in a claim with my ex employer for automatically unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal.

The overall feel of the respondents defence is primarily aimed at putting me into a bad light with little to no corroborating evidence.

A long story short the respondent had applied to strike out part of my claim but as they have replied with the ET3 and has applied inside, I am led to believe that they are not required to sign a statement of truth by way of part 22 cpr.

Is this true?
    Tags: None

Just for clarity how has the respondent communicated the request for part of the claim to be struck out. Was that separately or contained within their ET3 response. Has there been an judgement on that from the Tribunal Judge?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi it was within their ET3 then the respondent added me into an email which asked to convert the hearing day into the preliminary hearing.

Comment

No response from the tribunal so far.

Comment

So it sounds like the respondent followed up their ET3 response, that part of the claim should be struck out and copied you into correspondence to that effect which they have sent to Tribunal, something they are required to do. I presume they are requesting that a preliminary hearing is held to see if they can persuade the judge to strike out part of your claim.

You need to be given a reasonable opportunity to make representations either in writing or if a preliminary hearing is granted then this needs to be done at the hearing.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Yep. They want to strike out atleast one of my claims on the basis that it stands no reasonable prospect of success.

Their defence relies heavily on hearsay though and not hard evidence. Facebook messages taken out of the wrong context etc.

When will I be given the opportunity to oppose the application? I am drafting a witness statement in opposition but could do with a few pointers to be honest.

Comment

Also its notable that they have also applied for a hearing for the day after the preliminary hearing in an attempt to claw back costs on the basis that my claim stands no reasonable prospect of success.

If i remember, the respondent indicated they intend to claw back upto 20k in legal fees. A very floated figure tbh.

Comment

Now that the respondent has submitted the ET3 then a judge will review and give initial consideration to the claim and the response. If it is felt that any part of or all of either the ETI or ET3 should be struck out based on reasonable prospect of success and additionally for your ETI if the tribunal has no jurisdiction then you will be notified and the relevant party concerned will be given the opportunity to make written representations for why the claim or particular part should not be struck out.

Comment

Hi just to let you know. The judge has denied their application on the grounds of fact finding. The hearing is scheduled for 7th october

Comment

Originally posted by ecalid View Post
                    Hi just to let you know. The judge has denied their application on the grounds of fact finding. The hearing is scheduled for 7th october
                    Hope its not with this judge http://www.notfittojudge.co.uk/

Comment

Hi ecalid thanks for the update.

Comment

I have just realised that i have not signed my own statement of case properly and have just put my name followed by the date.

Should I worry about this? The respondent hasn't picked up on this yet but they may do in the coming weeks.

Is there any way that I can remedy this?

Comment

I presume that you are meaning your Witness Statement?

If so the sign off should include wording such as "The contents of this statement are true to the best of my knowledge and belief", which then just needs your signature, printed name and date.

What have you actually done?

Comment

Hi sorry I meant my statement of case. Particulars of claim, etc.

I had just put my Name and a Date.

Also I have a really important question to ask Ula.

I have submitted my documents to the respondent which contained a facebook message or two between myself and an ex colleague. The respondent has provided almost a full conversation between us but has omitted particular messages that could have a detrimental affect on their defense.

I have asked them to accept a change of documents so that I can include the FULL message history but the respondent has now asked to delay the trading of witness statements for well over another month.

Our witness statements are due in on Friday according to the case management, but I need to know if I can get this full conversation added to my documents.

Considering that the only detriment I would suffer is that already found inside the conversation that they have submitted, surely I am able to get full disclosure?

Please help!!!

Comment

Please help!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X