• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not allowed to qualify due to my poor english

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not allowed to qualify due to my poor english

Ok firstly lets make it clear... I was born and bred in UK. Been speaking English my whole life, got English GCSE's, A-levels, written 30 page dissertations in english and got over 70% at uni, given presentations to heads of departments and everyone I mention this to says my English is fine. And yes i make spelling mistakes have the rare stutter but who doesnt...

Anyhow while trying to qualify as a pharmacist I was told by a pharmacist tutor I was not going to be signed off due to "not being able to communicate effectively in English" and "needing more experience"

I contacted the GPhc (RPSGB at the time) and they said they cant do anything about it.

This is many years ago however if I can provide supporting evidences is there any action I can take. Is there anyone who can look into the matter. Its related to education, training contracts, professional disputes, negligence.
    Tags: None

I should not have to ask you this - How many years ago did this occur?

Comment

in 2005-6

Comment

"Is there anyone who can look into the matter. Its related to education, training contracts, professional disputes, negligence"

With respect, you would have to be much more accurate than that. Who do you believe was negligent, and why, and when, for example?
        Last edited by efpom; 27th September 2019, 00:31:AM.

Comment

yes i didnt want to plaster all my case details over the internet.. i wanted to know if there is anyone that can take up ths kind of case

Comment

Understandable, but makes it difficult to provide any sensible advice. Have you considered asking a solicitor for advice?

I am guessing, but it seems that whilst studying to be a pharmacist, you failed a part of the training element. I assume that you appealed that assessment and that appeal was rejected. This happened during the academic year 2005-2006. If that is right, I think that you do not have any right of legal action against whatever entity that decided not to let you pass. If I am wrong about that, in any event you cannot bring a claim in tort or contract because of the Limitation Act.
            Last edited by efpom; 28th September 2019, 04:45:AM.

Comment

why is there a time limit on justice?

When the victims of Mr Weinstein, Mr Harris and Mr Saville came forward to get justice for the abuse they suffered they werent told sorry that was too long ago we ant do anything about it

Comment

The difference is between criminal law and civil law.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X