• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vs AATJJJ **ADVICE PLEASE**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info ......So I should hear by the end of Jan if they are proceeding or not then. ....do the court send it straight away as it was due just before Xmas .

its a bit rubbish they can produce document so late in the process after not sending them before when requested!

Comment

HI, Sorry to be a pest, but im after some info quick question.

I'm still locked out of the silly online service, im emailed for update but still waiting,

I got a letter dates the 21st Dec stating they have my defense from the court and are sending to the claimant, and they have 28 days to contact the court.

Well it is 5 weeks tomorrow and i've not heard anything, no contact at all... the 28 days must have come and gone by now....whats going on....have they just not made any contact and if so what now??

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Unless they are just claiming arrears and the account is still open they will need a default notice to claim the full debt .... seems to be another new tactic to say 'arrears began to accrue' to avoid having to provide a copy of the default notice.... very odd.

Like this ??

( just off someone elses thread posted this morning)
        If thats the Pleadings .....................STRIKE IT OUT ALA DOYLE
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aatjjj View Post
          HI, Sorry to be a pest, but im after some info quick question.

I'm still locked out of the silly online service, im emailed for update but still waiting,

I got a letter dates the 21st Dec stating they have my defense from the court and are sending to the claimant, and they have 28 days to contact the court.

Well it is 5 weeks tomorrow and i've not heard anything, no contact at all... the 28 days must have come and gone by now....whats going on....have they just not made any contact and if so what now??
          The courts having some issues with their IT at the moment ( and always ) so don't worry. The next thing you should hear is a directions questionnaire - if you haven't heard anything in a week then try calling the court again and see if the claim has been put on hold ( Stayed ). I'd leave it until at least Monday as I know the phone lines are rather chocablock at the moment at Northampton ( because of the IT issues everyones ringing them ) PLUS they might have a few days backlog on responsed to defences.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi....so I rang the court and the case is Stayed as they havent heard from Lowell either.........this means on hold right ?..and that they can pick it up again at any time (seems a bit unfair)...any way to get it struck off ?...or am i best just leaving it now.

Comment

on hold they would have to pay a fee to unstay it

Comment

I dont like the idea of it hanging over me for them to take up at any time...I have a big few months coming up with my daughters surgery.....how much is it to ask for it to be struck off...or is this too risky and may kick them into action? bearing in mind ive had no contact at all other than inital papers.......is the cost big for them to unstay it ?

Comment

they stay thousands as they have no case or are not sure, longer stayed the better, look if ever (if ever) they come back and you are advised then probably a settlement figure, BUT only as a very last resort, take note:- they play on you to worry so that they can have a Bahamas holiday at yours and other expense (joke No) they want people to pay up even if they do not have a case - they are noted to discontinue at the last minute before they loose there court fees = read many threads a pattern will show

Comment

so you dont think its worth me asking for a strike out then ?(how much does it even cost to do this?....? does anyone know?)

Comment

no strike out it is to early - see what happens in the future jaguar1954 see what others have to say

Comment

Strike out application would be form N244 and cost £255 to file the application.

Example application in slightly different circs here - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...s-order-court/ - also the set aside applications https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/ - just as an idea what's involved.

I think you'll want to apply to lift the stay and strike out the claim as an abuse of process, non compliance with CPR 31.14, or possibly Summary Judgment due to CCA failing and default notice ( ref PRA v Doyle ) issue.

There are risks of course, additional costs, and pushing the claimant into getting hold of the documents and proceeding with the case etc.

pt2537
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Strike out application would be form N244 and cost £255 to file the application.

Example application in slightly different circs here - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...s-order-court/ - also the set aside applications https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/ - just as an idea what's involved.

I think you'll want to apply to lift the stay and strike out the claim as an abuse of process, non compliance with CPR 31.14, or possibly Summary Judgment due to CCA failing and default notice ( ref PRA v Doyle ) issue.

There are risks of course, additional costs, and pushing the claimant into getting hold of the documents and proceeding with the case etc.

pt2537
                          Great info here thanks! Can the abuse of process be used in the future if they decide to pick up the case at any point? Would it then become a defense instead? TIA (asking as it's relevant to my own current thread)

Comment

If the case is stayed and they apply to lift the stay you can counter their application in response. It would be better (IMO) to apply to strike before they try to pick things back up ( normally once they have the required documents) to force their hand. Depends what the situation is really xx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

If the case is stayed and they apply to lift the stay you can counter their application in response. It would be better (IMO) to apply to strike before they try to pick things back up ( normally once they have the required documents) to force their hand. Depends what the situation is really xx
                              thanks Amethyst

Comment

Hi .... I need advice again please
                                I have an update
                                I have not heard a thing from anyone regarding this for months and today I get a letter from the court , it’s two pages stapled together dated the 18 th July

the first one says General form of Judgment or order and is dated 18 th July
                                it has information of the judge reading at money claims centre and says
                                upon reading information from the claimant
                                it is ordered that

1 the claim be reinstated

2 because this order has been made on the applicant of the party without notice of the hearing being given .
                                any other parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside , varied or stated .A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court ( together with the appropriate fee ) to arrive within seven days of service of this order .if the application is one that requires a hearing and
                                A) the party making the application is the defendant abd
                                B) the defendant of an individual
                                then upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the defendants home court , in all other cases requiring a hearing will be transferred to the preferred court

the other sheet was a short statement that said that as a result of an order dated 18 th July it would be transferred to London court .

im really confused , I’ve had no update on this for ages , not been sent the stuff requested by Lowell and no notification there was any thing going on with this .... can someone explain or help please .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X