• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vs AATJJJ **ADVICE PLEASE**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need some urgent advice if I should call the court and the whole way my case is handled Amethyst

Comment

• Please can someone helpÂ*

Comment

• Morning, apologies for missing your posts xxx having a read back to see where things are at
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Originally posted by Aatjjj View Post
          Hi, its been a while......More HELP requested

Despite my best efforts to chase, calling and emailing the court to find out what happened with the case and requesting a local court...I never heard anymore until today.(more than a year on from the start !)
          A letter with a court date arrived from central london with a date just after new year.
          It says
          Unless the claimant does by 4pm on the 6th December pay the trial fee or file a properly completed application (i.e. one that provides all the required information in the manner requested)for help with feed then the claim will be struck out.

please note this case may be released to another judge or possibly another court.

Summary of case so far

- no reply to pre court protocol, proceedings started anyway
          - didn't comply to all of my requests for info in full
          -no contact from Claimant or court
          -only a skeleton list of transactions
          - screen shot of application page (with what appears to be made up details , deffo not my information nothing is correct other than address and DOB)
          -no default was delivered copy sent has no date only on attached letter
          - i received no copy of there defence and the claim was stayed
          - It was then unstayed and i still had no paperwork or copy of their Defence , they refused to comply with my request on lifting the stay and saidI didn't have a right to see it.

- no directions questionnaire chance for mediation
          - no reply to my request for a local court (I am a carer for my disabled daughter )

How do you think i should proceed....this letter has no information about what to do next or by what date so Im at a bit of a loss and also the date and venue isn't really suitable.......
          Do I just wait and see if they pay then contact the court again or try too?...what about my next steps.....i seem to have hit snags in the whole process! and im very confused
          Ok see if the claimant pays the hearing fee on the 6th ... ( ring the court on the Monday after )are there no instructions on the hearing letter at all for exchanging documents or witness statements ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Yes there was some info on the back but not a lot , I’ll check and update when I get home .
            what are the chances of getting it moved to a local court after no directions ? Will they change the date as there no way I can come, it’s right after new year and *kids are still off school too and it’s miles away in central London * * * * * * * * * Is this something I should ask before they pay the fee or just wait and see ....... also the fact they’ve not sent me there initial defence ?

Comment

• Hi so I checked the letter and took photos*

Comment

• C781237C-1DFB-4C63-9E51-2ED665EEDCE2.png
                Attached Files

Comment

• As you can see it says nothing about dates for defends or statements other than trial bundles 3 days before ..... is this normal ..... I’m confused*

Comment

• Amethyst*

Comment

• Sorry another question if I leave it to see if they pay will the court change the date / venue after this point ..... everything I read tells me a different process to that what has happened to me .... my case was stayed I never got there defence and no directions was sent ,not my local court and still no directions for dates exchanges .... the case is 3 rd Jan which I cannot do*

Comment

• Lowell’s sent a court bundle :-(

Comment

• Amethyst*Ok so I rang the court to speak to them again the man explained that when the stay was lifted the judge allocated it so that’s why no directions .... this still seems odd * * * * He also said that the only way to get it at my local court or another date was to pay the fee of 100 plus a form ( even though my directions was never issued !) * * * *The paperwork Lowell sent seems to include everything although the application online is still the screen shot I showed and the 2 page default not dated and a transaction list with no calculation of interest and some redacted terms .do I even have a case .... as they say they have now complied with my requests they say that I should have it struck out as my defense isn’t valid ...... do I file a new defence ...... my documents date is 14 the Dec for the hearing for bundles etc . please I need advice what to do next .... should I negotiate now ...... the date they have to pay heating fee by is tomorrow.... I presume now they have sent the bundle there is no way they won’t do this .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X