• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a Letter Before Action for leaving a bad review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karen559 View Post
    No they didn't ask her to remove the whole thing
    Gather the information. Don't ignore their Letter Before Action.

You need to respond, hopefully the guys here can help with that response to the LBA.

Comment

Also, your daughter would have got emails regards the review, complaint etc from Trustpilot, Google etc. You need to keep them, they may help explain what transpired.

Posted for information only, read 'What is the procedure a victim of defamation should follow?' -

https://www.gosschalks.co.uk/blog/20...ation-act-2013

Comment

Without knowing details like dates etc it's difficult to comment. I did delete the LBA from your post when asked and didn't look at it but if you could email it to me I could post up the relevant parts (redacting anything that's sensitive) so that others can advise.

nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

They are requesting her to pay for loss of earnings.
        For me, that indicates that the letter before action might be more speculative than representing a valid cause of action.

It would be virtually impossible for them to directly attribute a specific sum of loss to the review and be able to demonstrate that to a court.

I think echat11 has a good point in respect of your daughter following Trust Pilot's procedures. Additionally, if the solicitors' Trust Pilot listing is ''claimed profile'' (like the image below), they have the ability to ask TP to remove the post. If they didn't do that then they only have themselves to blame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CP.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1668010 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I appreciate all the help everyone has given us, it has been truly amazing for everyone to give us your time especially on a Sunday. I will email the letter to you now.

Thank you so much, I really can't say it enough. We were feeling so alone and now I feel so much better getting your advice.

Comment

Well, briefly, the Yell & Google reviews are pretty bland which I wouldn't think are capable of being defamatory. The Trust Pilot review is debatable.

They're asking your daughter to make an offer to them in respect of the alleged damages - which is nuts because how could she know or quantify what they are alleged to be?

I would get her to remove all three reviews immediately. When she's done that she can respond informing them of such.

Comment

Thank you, so she should remove all the posts and the email them saying that she has removed the posts. Would that be sufficient.

Comment

Thank you, so she should remove all the posts and the email them saying that she has removed the posts. Would that be sufficient.
                **No, just remove the reviews**

Do not write to them until you have been advised as to what to write.

Also a timeline of events:-

Date Review Site Event

XX/XX/XX Trustpilot Review

Comment

Yes sure, will do that. Will you be able to help with what we write to them.

Comment

Exc will no doubt provide guidance.

The solicitors want a response, you don't want to write the wrong stuff.

Comment

Keep it short & to the point, for example:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of 2 February 2024.

I consider my reviews to be a fair & accurate reflection of the service I received.

However, as a gesture of goodwill, I have removed the reviews and now consider the matter to be closed.

Yours

xxx

Comment

Thank you so much, I really appreciate all your help you have given.

Comment

Unbelievable help, thank you so much.

We have received:
                          "I can confirm that if you remove from all the platforms today, and do not upload any further reviews in respect of my firm at any point in the future, this will be sufficient and formal proceedings shall not be issued.

Comment

Marvellous.

Perhaps I can be a bit cheeky and ask you or your daughter to leave a review on our Trust Pilot page?

LegalBeagles Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.legalbeagles.info (trustpilot.com)

I trust it would be a bit more positive than the ones for the solicitors!

Comment

Absolutely we will and it will be a brilliant review I am so grateful to you.

Comment

Well done, good result.
                                Double check the 'reviews' have been removed, those platforms can be 'fickle'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X