• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a Letter Before Action for leaving a bad review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a Letter Before Action for leaving a bad review

Hi there,
    My daughter has received a Letter Before Action from the solicitors firm she used. She was very unhappy with there service and the way she was treated by them. She posted reviews on a few sites one being Trustpilot.

It is both the firm and the director as claimants. I am sick with worry about this as we can't afford anymore solicitor fees. She stands by what she has said but we simply don't have the money to fight a law firm.

I would truly appreciate any advice we could get.
    Tags: None

Please upload to here the letter she has received. Delete anything that might identify your daughter, name address etc, (including any reference numbers).

What is it that they want your daughter to do?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you for your reply, I have attached the letter. Please let me know if I have done this correctly and removed everything I should have.
      They are requesting her to pay for loss of earnings.
      I would appreciate any help you could give us.
      Thank you
      Karen

Comment

I would advise to remove the letter as what you are doing is repeating the alleged defamation.

What I would say is they asked for the name to be removed from the Trustpilot review, but did they ask for the 'complete' review to be removed from Trustpilot?

They could have engaged with you on Trustpilot with a response to your review, asking you to remove it, but chose not to, instead sending a Letter Before Action.

I'm assuming the above is correct.

Comment

Thank you for your rely, could you please help me with taking the letter off. I can't seem to edit this

Comment

Originally posted by karen559 View Post
            Thank you for your rely, could you please help me with taking the letter off. I can't seem to edit this
            Can you see the blue strip with thumbs up, Thank Post, Edit and Reply with Quote, you should have a Edit button. It's been highlighted to admin.

You might not as it's a new account.

Comment

No I don't have that

Comment

I agree you should delete it. When I suggested you post it up I hadn't appreciated it might include a repitition of the alleged defamatory comments.

As a new poster you might not have the ability to Edit to remove it so I am tagging admin so they can delete the attachment in Post #3

EXC ULA
                All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
                  I agree you should delete it. When I suggested you post it up I hadn't appreciated it might include a repitition of the alleged defamatory comments.

As a new poster you might not have the ability to Edit to remove it so I am tagging admin so they can delete the attachment in Post #3

EXC ULA
                  I've messaged them earlier, they should pick up the message.

I'm not sure the solicitor has done enough to resolve the matter prior to the LBA.

Comment

Thank you for your help, I see it has been removed now.

what will that mean for us.

Comment

Can you answer the questions below a and b -

a) They asked for the 'name' to be removed? Is that correct?

b) Did they ask Trustpilot to remove the 'complete' review?

c) Trustpilot has a policy where if they are asked to remove reviews they will consider doing that, if it breaks their Terms and Conditions.

d) They could have engaged with you on Trustpilot with a response to your review, asking you to remove it, but they chose not to, instead sending a Letter Before Action.

EXC can you please take a look.

Comment

Yes Trustpilot asked my daughter to remove the name which she did and they didn't come back with anything else.
                        I am not sure I'd they asked Trustpilot to remove the post

Comment

Originally posted by karen559 View Post
                          Yes Trustpilot asked my daughter to remove the name which she did and they didn't come back with anything else.
                          I am not sure I'd they asked Trustpilot to remove the post
                          Did they ask your daughter to remove the 'complete' post?

Send Trustpilot a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold in your daughter's name. You might be able to email a request to Trustpilot.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

I will do thank you for your time and help

Comment

No they didn't ask her to remove the whole thing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X