• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdales solicitors PAP help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdales solicitors PAP help

Hi,

I have received a letter from Overdales Solicitor’s acting on behalf of Lowell for 4 telecoms contracts I had dating back from 2012-2015 they have enclosed a pre action protocol pack to be returned within 30 days. If anyone could help on my next steps it would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Have you made any payments or communicated with the creditor since 2015 on any of the accounts?

The debts might be Statue Barred, but you need specific details to determine that. If you know who the telecom companies are, then you can email them a SAR, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account over a 6 year period. You can email the SAR to their Customer Services Department.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Thanks for your reply! The ‘ particulars of debt’ they have enclosed states payments were made on 3 of the accounts but no payment has been made to one of the accounts. I don’t kbow when any payments where made but I do not recall any attempts to make payment recently.

I may stupidly have contacted them via a credit reference agency more recently to ask what is owed as their previous letters were very vague and I’ve been a mission to sort my credit file out. So have probably shot my self in the foot!

Comment

O.K. Just send them a SAR via their Customer Service Departments, to deal with these debts you need information, even if you think you've 'shot yourself in the foot'.

Comment

Thanks i will do that ASAP. Should I send the pre action protocol form back in the meantime saying I deny the debt?

Comment

Originally posted by VanessaL15 View Post
            Thanks i will do that ASAP. Should I send the pre action protocol form back in the meantime saying I deny the debt?
            Yes, but don't send it back immediately, the form should have boxes that you tick to say that you are seeking 'debt advice', that's what you need to do until you have more information. When you send off, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
              O.K. Just send them a SAR via their Customer Service Departments, to deal with these debts you need information, even if you think you've 'shot yourself in the foot'.
              Subject Access Request Letter

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Thanks Mike770.

Comment

Ok will get SAR emailed to original creditors tomorrow and send PAP form back stating that I’m seeking debt advice. Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Hi,

I'm still in the process of trying to defend this claim I submitted my defence and Overdales have come back with some documents including the dates of the agreements, default date and last payment date and also a copy of the payment plan I set up in 2017. They are saying I need to pay £800 lump sum or to set up instalments of £100 with a consent order neither of which I can afford. Please could you advise where I go from here any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

await DSAR request they cannot tell you what to do., you make your mind up later once facts known.

Comment

What are the grounds on which you are defending?
                        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

That the particulars of the claim are vague and generic in nature, that I do not recall the exact details of the accounts and the do not re

Comment

(Sorry accidentally pressed post!).. I put the POC where vague and generic that I do not recall a breach and request details of the exact breach, how the amount claimed has been reached and how the agreements where entered into. I don't know if it's a very good defence but pulled a few bits together from different threads.

Comment

Have heard back from the SAR, BT have no information apart from my name and an old address which doesn't match the one Lowell have in relation to their claim. 3 mobile have sent 15 pages of customer interaction notes. Was not able to contact Sky as have search everywhere for contact details but can't find any! No payments have every been made to the sky account so I'm thinking maybe statute barred any way. Haven't heard any more from Overdales yet they said I had until the 11 May to accept their offer. What should in do next now I have the data?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X