• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pra group letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzle1969 View Post
    1 more question sorry do i just fill out the box with the request or send a seperate letter
    Copy & Paste the letter / Request that's in the box. Make sure you send the correct one, otherwise it will delay matters.

Comment

And print it off into a formal letter and send recorded delivery?

Comment

And print it off into a formal letter and send recorded delivery?
        Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Email PRA a Subject Access Request, they can pass it on, they have 30 days to respond - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

I would be sending the SAR to Lloyds as they are the people who have all the details PRA will rely on- consider this, if Lloyds can show no evidence of a default notice , yet PRA reconstituted one , you could legitimately ask the question, where did that information come from.

In my experience, you send the SAR to the Original creditor and not the debt purchaser

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post

I would be sending the SAR to Lloyds as they are the people who have all the details PRA will rely on- consider this, if Lloyds can show no evidence of a default notice , yet PRA reconstituted one , you could legitimately ask the question, where did that information come from.

In my experience, you send the SAR to the Original creditor and not the debt purchaser
            I initially put Lloyds, but changed it to PRA after checking another website, DebtCamel -https://debtcamel.co.uk/free-access-data-gdpr/ , I can see what you are saying. What's to stop Lloyds forging a 'default notice'?, not like they wouldn't do that and have scruples and standards. Hopefully no payments has been made within 6 years and no CCJ's exist for the debt.

Dazzle1969, if your about, send everything to Lloyds.

Comment

I initially put Lloyds, but changed it to PRA after checking another website, DebtCamel -https://debtcamel.co.uk/free-access-data-gdpr/ , I can see what you are saying. What's to stop Lloyds forging a 'default notice'?, not like they wouldn't do that and have scruples and standards. Hopefully no payments has been made within 6 years and no CCJ's exist for the debt.

Dazzle1969, if your about, send everything to Lloyds.
              So do i just ignore PRA Group?

Comment

So do i just ignore PRA Group?
                Send Lloyds all the requests (CCA and SAR) send Recorded Delivery.

Tick 'D' in the form you received from PRA and send it back to them, get Certificate of Posting.

Comment

Send Lloyds all the requests (CCA and SAR) send Recorded Delivery.

Tick 'D' in the form you received from PRA and send it back to them, get Certificate of Posting.
                  Thanks i appreciate all the help have a great weekend

Comment

We seem to have gotten into a mess here- it is a little complicated until you get used to what is needed.

CCA request and response to letter before action go to PRA. Remember to send the £1 fee with the CCA request.

The SAR and only the SAR goes to Lloyds

It is likely that Lloyds can provide the CCA request but you do not want them to . You certainly don't want PRA to be able to. Sometimes in the agreement between the seller and the new owner it will say when the seller will get off their backsides and look for documents. I saw one such agreement that said after 12 months they would not look - if PRA can not comply with your CCA request they can not enforce.

If you can afford it, send the CCA request Royal Mail signed for and then when the proof of delivery is on the website print it off and store with your other letters

In answer to ECHAT's question about Lloyds forging a DN, yours will be one of many many and they will probably think your SAR is about reclaiming charges or something similar .

It should also show details of communications between Lloyds and PRA

One of my SAR requests showed the original creditor saying the account had been sold on the 6th but the debt purchaser said it had be bought on the 13th - so who owned it in those few days
                    Last edited by Matty B; 2nd July 2021, 14:23:PM. Reason: Additions

Comment

Brilliant post Matty thanks for that its very helpful and does clarify things for me. I'll let you know how i get on. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
                        We seem to have gotten into a mess here- it is a little complicated until you get used to what is needed.

CCA request and response to letter before action go to PRA. Remember to send the £1 fee with the CCA request.

The SAR and only the SAR goes to Lloyds

It is likely that Lloyds can provide the CCA request but you do not want them to . You certainly don't want PRA to be able to. Sometimes in the agreement between the seller and the new owner it will say when the seller will get off their backsides and look for documents. I saw one such agreement that said after 12 months they would not look - if PRA can not comply with your CCA request they can not enforce.

If you can afford it, send the CCA request Royal Mail signed for and then when the proof of delivery is on the website print it off and store with your other letters

In answer to ECHAT's question about Lloyds forging a DN, yours will be one of many many and they will probably think your SAR is about reclaiming charges or something similar .

It should also show details of communications between Lloyds and PRA

One of my SAR requests showed the original creditor saying the account had been sold on the 6th but the debt purchaser said it had be bought on the 13th - so who owned it in those few days
                        Hi should i list any reasons in box D that i dispute the debt at this point?

Comment

Just recieved 2 letters from PRA does this mean the debts are not enforceable? Any help appreciated

1 letter says they are requesting docs from Lloyds so will suspend action.

The other 1 says more interestingly that " we are unable to fulfill your request for a copy of the agreement as current accounts do not require a credit agreement therfore no credit agreement would have been set up and this account is not included in CCA 1974" this was an overdraft so is it enforceable?

Comment

MIKE770 can you give me any advice on this please? Thanks in advance

Comment

they say no CCA but they know these days they have to supply one, decades ago.

sure paul

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                                they say no CCA but they know these days they have to supply one, decades ago.

sure paul
                                Does that mean its not enforceable and where does that leave me in terms of overdraft?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X