• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pra group letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    they say no CCA but they know these days they have to supply one, decades ago.

sure paul
    Hi Mike can you kindly help me please. PRA have not privided the CA as requested but today i have recieved a CC claim. Can they enforce this and any advice on what i should do would be really kind. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle1969 View Post

Hi Mike can you kindly help me please. PRA have not privided the CA as requested but today i have recieved a CC claim. Can they enforce this and any advice on what i should do would be really kind. Thanks
      MIKE770

Comment

they can start proceedings, but will have to supply CCA before any chance in court

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          they can start proceedings, but will have to supply CCA before any chance in court
          Thanks MIKE770 should i acknowledge the claim and then submiy a defence around the fact that i requested the CCA and it hasn't been provided. The claim states they have provided Notices of assignment in accordance with s136 law of property act 1925 again no mention of CCA. Thanks again

Comment

defence start station on such a dare a request was made doe CCA1974 up to date not received .

Defence go in 2 days before deadline updated if necessary, do not remind them outstanding

Comment

Depending on what is written on the claim form, have you sent a CPR31.14 request. If they mention the default notice you need to ask for that, also the agreement (different to the S77-79 request). As PT2537 will tell you, they is an appeal court ruling saying a Default Notice is essential Doyle v PRA I think. Sadly there is also another ruling from a different solicitor that essentially says they can 'reconstitute' anything they don't have. I read that as make it up although they would get into trouble if they got caught

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
                Depending on what is written on the claim form, have you sent a CPR31.14 request. If they mention the default notice you need to ask for that, also the agreement (different to the S77-79 request). As PT2537 will tell you, they is an appeal court ruling saying a Default Notice is essential Doyle v PRA I think. Sadly there is also another ruling from a different solicitor that essentially says they can 'reconstitute' anything they don't have. I read that as make it up although they would get into trouble if they got caught
                Hi Matty thanks for the post. I sent a request for CCA and they basically said we dont provide that as its a overdraft they are not applicable. I need to check the letter. Are you saying i need to send something else?

Comment

Thanks MIKE770 should i acknowledge the claim and then submiy a defence around the fact that i requested the CCA and it hasn't been provided. The claim states they have provided Notices of assignment in accordance with s136 law of property act 1925 again no mention of CCA. Thanks again
                  MIKE770 Hi again Mike, i wonder if you can help me. I have been sent an appointment for 26/01 for mediation in respect of the above thread. I sent the cca request as advised and PRA said not applicable to overdraft. Should i attend mediation or cancel the appointment and say they have not provided proof of debt so i am unable to make an informed decision. Any help appreciated as this is fairly urgent

Comment

Attend always overdraft are cca

Comment

The overdraft letter of agreement facilities finished years ago

Comment

Celestine

Comment

MIKE770 Hi again Mike, i wonder if you can help me. I have been sent an appointment for 26/01 for mediation in respect of the above thread. I sent the cca request as advised and PRA said not applicable to overdraft. Should i attend mediation or cancel the appointment and say they have not provided proof of debt so i am unable to make an informed decision. Any help appreciated as this is fairly urgent
                          Thanks MIKE770 should i attend then say they haven't provided the docs?

Comment

Yes a court expects you to save as to courts time

Comment

Thanks MIKE770 should i attend then say they haven't provided the docs?
                              Mediation hearings are carried out over the phone. Mediator speaks to you to try to get the matter settled then the mediator speaks to the other party then reverts back to you.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/small-cl...iation-service

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Mediation hearings are carried out over the phone. Mediator speaks to you to try to get the matter settled then the mediator speaks to the other party then reverts back to you.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/small-cl...iation-service
                                MIKE770 echat11 the question is should i enter into mediation as they havent provided the requested docs. It says on the email are you in a position to enter fully and do you have the required documentation. If i say they havent provided any docs what position will they be in. They also said the CCA request doesnt apply to overdrafts so they are proceeding. I just dont want to end up in a position in which i agree to pay an amount when they cant prove the debt. Any ideas greatly appreciated?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X