• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal- letter before court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is. A little old but the main body of it is still relevant you just need to adapt to suit your needs.
    Attached Files
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Here it is. A little old but the main body of it is still relevant you just need to adapt to suit your needs.
      Thank you Bob, I will draft a letter and post up on here before i send it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren104 View Post

Thank you Bob, I will draft a letter and post up on here before i send it. Thank you.
        I am writing to acknowledge receipt of the above generic template letter, dated 18/09/2020.

I am seeking debt advice, but I deny any debt, and the case must be put 'on hold' for not less than 30 days under the Pre-Action Protocol for debt claims 2017.

I have sent your client a SAR

Since you draw my attention to the Ministry of Justice’s advised Pre Action Conduct and Protocol I now offer my full response in following the procedure.

I refer to paragraph 5 Disclosure of Documents...

Early disclosure of documents and relevant information can help to clarify or resolve any issues in dispute. Where any aspect of the debt is disputed (including the amount, interest, charges, time for payment, or the creditor’s compliance with relevant statutes and regulations), the parties should exchange information and disclose documents sufficient to enable them to understand each other’s position.

Please supply all documents you intend to reply on in your case.

I request a true breakdown and full calculation of all your costs of how you have arrived at the figure of £160 including legal costs. The only financial loss incurred by your client is the £2.50 fee to the DVLA to obtain my keeper’s details.

Paragraph 6 Taking Steps to Settle the Matter and Alternative Dispute Resolution 6.1

I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.

In order to comply with the courts Pre-action-protocols, please do me the courtesy of reading and replying to this letter. Please do not send me a generic template letter which does not address my requests for further information.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Originally posted by Darren104 View Post

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of the above generic template letter, dated 18/09/2020.

I am seeking debt advice, but I deny any debt, and the case must be put 'on hold' for not less than 30 days under the Pre-Action Protocol for debt claims 2017.

I have sent your client a SAR

Since you draw my attention to the Ministry of Justice’s advised Pre Action Conduct and Protocol I now offer my full response in following the procedure.

I refer to paragraph 5 Disclosure of Documents...

Early disclosure of documents and relevant information can help to clarify or resolve any issues in dispute. Where any aspect of the debt is disputed (including the amount, interest, charges, time for payment, or the creditor’s compliance with relevant statutes and regulations), the parties should exchange information and disclose documents sufficient to enable them to understand each other’s position.

Please supply all documents you intend to reply on in your case.

I request a true breakdown and full calculation of all your costs of how you have arrived at the figure of £160 including legal costs. The only financial loss incurred by your client is the £2.50 fee to the DVLA to obtain my keeper’s details.

Paragraph 6 Taking Steps to Settle the Matter and Alternative Dispute Resolution 6.1

I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.

In order to comply with the courts Pre-action-protocols, please do me the courtesy of reading and replying to this letter. Please do not send me a generic template letter which does not address my requests for further information.

Yours faithfully,
          Do you think i should just use the top part of the letter by just telling them i'm receiving debt advice and have sent for a SAR to their client to buy an extra 30 days, rather than start requesting the further information at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            They have handily put the charge to £160 including initial legal charge. This is not allowed so when it gets to court you complain about abuse of process in trying to recover more than they are entitled to. There have been cases thrown out because of this. Also as the keeper they cannot claim for more than the original PCN
            PLEASE READ AND OFFER ADVICE . I HAVE SUPPLIED SOME BACKGROUND INFORMATION THAT COULD BE HELPFUL TO MY CASE.

The NCP Ltd contravention was 11th April 2018. Parked without payment of the parking charge. The reason being, was that the machine was out of order. The driver assumed that if there was another pay machine, that would have been out of order to. One week prior to this contravention on 3rd April 2018, the driver also did the same thing, parked without payment of the charge, as the machine was out of order. The driver did appeal at the time to NCP and Popla but was unsuccessful. BW Legal filled a county court claim for around the same amount as this current one. They went to mediation and agreed a settlement of £150 to which was paid via standing order of £15 per month, last payment being end of July so the case and account is now closed. They have now decided to pursue me for this other contravention, it was appeal at the time through NCP Ltd and Popla, but cannot recall ever getting a reply and think it was because both contravention notices were in play at more or less the same time. SHOULDNT OF BW LEGAL have have combined both claims together, to save costs rather than deal with them individually, or are they within their tights to deal with them separately. Please advise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X