• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant .. Thanks for clarifying all that. Do I need to request just the CCA from lowell or all the other too.. .ie; notice of assignment

There were 3 loans. First £475 second £190 third £1341. First default date on Experian shows. . 07 Dec 2014 although I thought it was before. I paid £10 a month back

I moved home and provident were notified but never called to new address. I admit I'm not literate where money is concerned, could've dealt with it all better.

Comment

I see on Experian Vanquis had the debt first unless that's where provident got it from... All very confusing

Comment

Just the CCA request to Lowell. The other docs just ask for in box I of the reply form.

Vanquis are same company as Provident.

sooo this third loan.... "third £1341" ? Is that the amount that was borrowed? or the amount payable with interest etc ?

How much is the claim for?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Woody76 View Post
          I know what your saying. But how can I back up the dispute in writing if I'm aware I took a provident loan but I want clarification I owe this company ?. Isn't saying you don't know if you owe it the same thing. Sorry... Bit stupid.
          Do you know if the agreement is compliant?
          Do you know if they can even source a copy?
          A s78 request is not an admission. Think 'prove it letter' with benefits.

Also if lowell have enlisted a solicitor to represent them, why would I need to send the CCA request to them direct?
          Because the Consumer Credit Act 1974 s78 requires you to send it to the owner or creditor.sign up now
          Which is Lowell (Portfolio?), not the sols.

Especially since the forms allow you to request information too... All very bizzare
          Not really. The PAP form allows you to ask for more besides the agreement & T&Cs.
          You can never have too much evidence.
          What have you asked for via the PAP?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Amethyst I got the figures off experian .I can't recall the exact cash amount sadly. They amount they're claiming is £2008. I didn't realise Vanquis were provident.
            ​​​​​​
            charitynjw I haven't sent the PAP yet. . Filled it in incorrectly so I've printed a new one. I assume I ask for everything possible? Notices of assignment , default etc

Comment

Originally posted by Woody76 View Post
              Amethyst I got the figures off experian .I can't recall the exact cash amount sadly. They amount they're claiming is £2008. I didn't realise Vanquis were provident.
              ​​​​​​
              charitynjw I haven't sent the PAP yet. . Filled it in incorrectly so I've printed a new one. I assume I ask for everything possible? Notices of assignment , default etc......
              ......kitchen sink.....
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

When you send an income and expenditure I'm aware there is something called financial statement creditors courts and debt charities use. Can I use my own income and expenditure or does it have to be one of these?

If I'm not seeking debt advice I can't really use their budget planners can I? The form the creditors give you are difficult to include everything. StepChange is far more in depth for example, and they are expenses in this day an age you are allowed to keep, more realistic

Comment

Yes you can use the Stepchange, or CAB Money, or any of the main charity ones - they all are based on the standard financial statement ( SFS) which is the same as the DCA's use. The Stepchange one has more space to fill things in then amalgamates certain things into the right categories for the SFS.

Anyway that aside for a moment.... have you sent the reply to the letter of claim and a CCA request ? I'd definately do that first.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you .

I haven't done it yet. I recieved it on the 18th and thought I'd buy a bit of time, should I get it in ASAP ?

Comment

I don't need to enter a dmp or anything to use these budget planners ?

Comment

Nooo, it's just helpful to do the math xxx This one is decent https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/quickfs.asp or https://www.stepchange.org/Portals/0...rm-example.pdf

Buying time is fine.... I'd say send it back by recorded post around 10th April though.... Box C and Box I - no financial statement needed ! It is useful to do one if you have other stuff going on, but if you have a lot of other stuff going on it might be worth chatting with Stepchange anyway. If it is just this old Provvy loan then I'd just get Lowell to evidence their claim and then consider what to do re negotiating settlement or defending any claim.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you, it is just this really and another outstanding for £1500...so I'm not too concerned .Both following divorce. I have nothing else so I'd like to try and negotiate at some point.

What do you feel is the chances they'll allow a negotiation and not pursue court., I can't offer a lot. I run a home with two children and pay maintenance to my previous relationship . It leaves very little and I'm concerned they'll not accept a minimal payment.

Getting a CCJ would impact a lot of what I've tried to build up so I want to make sure I do my best to try and stop it, but I've read so many posts that they seem to inevitably take you to court

Comment

I was planning on getting the PAP letter and CCA request sent this week, would you hold out a bit later then?

Thanks for you advice on all this

Comment

It's a little skewed on here, as we mainly help people deal with court proceedings... so those that don't go to court ( massive majority of people ) aren't on here.... if you see what I mean.... anyway.,.. sending the CCA request and documents request via the reply form should put you in a better position to negotiate settlement once you have the first responses to those. If you want to sort it out, rather than stall things, then you can just send them now - personally I'd get the CCA request sent off asap direct to Lowell, and a SAR (Subject Access Request Letter) to Provident now, and then the Debt PAP reply form by recorded post around 10th April.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Brilliant , just one thing (sorry ). Should I tick box G too. . As to intend to get debt advice, not sure wheter it will go in favor or not

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X