• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do, it is more likely to hold them off on issuing court action, but you must actually be intending on seeking debt advice ( stepchange or CAB are most likely options ). You are, overall, it seems, intending on offering a settlement once they have evidenced the debt so it does seem logical to seek formal debt advice, if nothing else, to assist with your income/expenditure sheets.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I can't offer a settlement as I have no savings, only monthly installments at this stage.

Thank you

Comment

Amethyst sorry to pester . Just berm giving this some thought. What's the benefit of sending off for the CCA and SAR now? Why not altogether when I send the PAP form back (if buying time is OK) . Just curious Thanks

Comment

The SAR takes 30 days to come back... so worth getting ahead there for your own reference/info and to compare with anything that comes back from Lowell.

The CCA they have 12+2 days to respond before they are in breach.

So really you want that deadline to pass for when they consider their response to your letter of claim reply.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

OK thank you for explaining But I still ask for notices of assignments and defaults statements of accounts etc, from the solicitor .. Then have 30 days on receipt of this information ? (it states on PAP

Comment

And how do I know which department to sent SAR to provident

Comment

I've posted CCA request to Lowell and SAR to provident today. I'll post the PAP 10th...and await their response. Thanks for the direction

Comment

Great xxxxx

Let us know if you get anything back
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi I've received a response from provident requiring more information before they can fulfil the SAR . I've emailed this.

What information am I looking for on this SAR... I know its data they hold about me but will it include the details of the debt?

Comment

I'm still to post the PAP form tomorrow. I have received the SAR from provident.. Gobsmacked to realise the highest rate of interest they charged was 78.% and the lowest was 69.3%....

Comment

Amethyst good morning. I recieved a letter from lowell solicitors today. I sent my CCA request direct to lowel with a £1 postal order and the PAP form to the solicitor with a copy of this letter and a letter to them requesting all the other info (despite it being on the PAP form to cover myself).
                        ​​​​​​

On the response I'm confused by the last paragraph stating our client doesn't accept it as a legal response and the fee schedule.. Does this mean they won't be bound by time... I've copied the letter below.

....... ((Thank you for your recent letter. We regard this as your response to the pre action protocol.

We note your comments and can confirm we have requested the relevant documentation from the original creditor and upon receipt of their response, this will be sent to you. Until then, your account will remain on hold and no further action will be taken against you. You will appreciate that we are unable to control the time within which we receive a response from our client.

Our client does not accept or recognise your correspondence as a legal notice and does not accept the fee schedule in your letter.))

Comment

What fee schedule?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I don't know that's why I'm confused as to what it means. I literally sent the CCA request you gave me plus £1 postal order to Lowell, in the time frame you suggested

Then last Wednesday sent the PAP to solicitor , copy of CCA for for their info. And a supporting letter to back up my requests on PAP

Comment

Okay - what did you put in the covering letter? anything about costs/fees etc ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Could it be reffering to what I've requested ? I requested everything in the PAP ... Statements of accounts .. Interested added etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X