• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Daniels Silverman emails. Final demand then second reminder.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniels Silverman emails. Final demand then second reminder.

Hi,

I received an email from Daniels Silverman Dept Recovery today titled SECOND REMINDER.

They are trying to recover an alleged dept from a membership I had with Rated People Ltd.

I did join Rated People, but it was no more than a verbal agreement over the phone. I definitely did not sign any contract with them.

I was paying 24.00 a month for my membership + more money for leads.

Anyway to cut a long story short most of the leads that were offered were not worth buying, as the potential customer wanted something for nothing. So I cancelled my direct depot with Rated People, as the only one that was making any money from the agreement was RP.

I did get emails from RP regarding my membership, but just ignored them.

I did receive a FINAL DEMAND (email) from Daniels Silverman on the 11th January but ignored it.

The emails are addressed to Dear sir/madam, but have my company name on them.

The latest email mentions CCJ's, bailiffs etc, so I thought I'd better do something about it before I receive a claim form from the County Court Business Centre.

I was thinking of sending a Subject Access Request letter, to start the ball rolling...........

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
    Tags: None

Hi Ian

Could you copy and paste the email, with any personal information removed?

It sounds like pretty standard fayre from a debt collecting agent saying we may do this or may do that, but better to see it to know exactly.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi,

Yes of course. I will do it tonight.

Thank you

Ian

Comment

Not easy to find their terms for tradesmen ( haven't managed through their site, but google is helpful after I found what it was called from their website use terms ) anyway it all seems to be based on various 'Membership Terms' which you can't find out the information without speaking to them. The details of the term length, renewal and cancellation should be emailed to you. Are you a sole trader ?

Membership Plan: the type of membership selected by you to access the Services;

Minimum Term: the minimum period of time which you commit to paying the Membership Fee;

Membership Fee: the periodic payment specified in the Membership Plan (which may be monthly, quarterly or annually as specified in the applicable Membership Plan);

Minimum Term Membership Plan: a Membership Plan which is subject to a Minimum Term

Tariff Period: the period of time covered by the Membership Fee (for example, if you sign up for an annual membership plan paid on a monthly basis, the Tariff Period is one month).

These Terms of Use constitute the entire agreement as to its subject matter and supersedes and extinguishes all previous communications, representations (other than fraudulent misrepresentations) and arrangements, whether written or oral with the exception of the Homeowner User Agreement and/or Trade Business User Agreement where these have been entered into. To the extent that there is any conflict between them, those agreements shall apply in the following order of precedence:

the Trade Business User Agreement;
        the Homeowner User Agreement; then
        these Terms of Use.
        So
        https://www.ratedpeople.com/c/legal-...user-agreement and https://www.ratedpeople.com/c/legal-2/payment-terms

I've printed the Trade Business User Agreement and Payment Terms and attached for ref. ( okay that failed - I'll paste as a text file too )
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry that I haven't replied sooner.

This is the email I received from Daniels Silverman Dept Recovery

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re:- Our Client Rated People Ltd

Account Name:- Painting And Decorating

Our Ref:-

Outstanding Balance:- £311.41

We note that despite our previous attempts to resolve the above matter amicably it remains unresolved. Accordingly we have no alternative but to take our client’s instructions on issuing legal action against you. Such action may result in additional costs and interest being added to the debt as follows:-
          Debt Amount £311.41
          Interest (estimated) £1.04
          Legal Fees (estimated) £85.00
          TOTAL (estimated) £397.91
          If our client is successful in obtaining a judgment / decree this may also lead to Bailiffs calling at your premises to remove your goods, County Court Judgment being registered against you which will affect your ability to obtain credit, your earnings being deducted at source to pay the debt, or you being summoned to Court to answer questions about your finances.

To prevent the possibility of legal action being taken against you, please make full payment to ourselves within 7 calendar days in the sum of £311.41 following the payment instructions below or telephone our office on 0151 222 6702 to discuss further.

Yours faithfully

DS Collections Team

Regards

Ian

Comment

Are you a soletrader ? Ltd company ?

Did you contact Rated People at all to cancel your advertisement/service ?

You will need a copy of the agreement terms. Even if you 'signed up' over the telephone the terms of that agreement should have been sent to you - do you have any emails from when you registered ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

I was a sole trader at the time of joining, but now I'm working on PAYE.

No I did not. I did receive a letter saying thank you for signing (even though I didn't sign anything) up to one of our annual plans, and I do remember the bloke telling me over the phone something along the lines that you can't cancel.

No I did not receive Terms of Agreement, either by email or post.

Regards

Ian

Comment

Hi
                I've had exactly the same thing happen to me from the same company. Where do we stand with this.
                Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X