• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Need Help Writing a Fully Pleaded Defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help Writing a Fully Pleaded Defence

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] is this ok for Q1: I consider a settlement of the claim to be inappropriate at this stage, as the alleged debt is statute barred.

Is that enough at this stage?

MillieB

Comment

Also, do i list myself as a witness, if so what do i write in the 'witness to which facts' box?

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by MillieB View Post
        Also, do i list myself as a witness, if so what do i write in the 'witness to which facts' box?

Thanks @nemesis45
        One witness.

Comment

Did you read my answer to question 1, would you say that is ok?

One witness, Sorry i dont understand? Do i need to put my own name or just leave it blank?

Thanks

Comment

I have just read the CPR section 28. And i have no idea what i need to do for the directions.

Please help [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] ..... again. Sorry, i hope i can help you someday!

MillieB

Comment

Attempt to agree standard directions with the other side. Write to them and say, do you agree to use standard directions set out in CPR28? If yes, it's agreed. If no, court will set directions based on CPR28 anyway.

Comment

Oh, so i should have done that already then? So i just literally write to mortimer clarke as follows....

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to you to make an agreement to use standard directions as set out in CPR28.

Yours Sincerely

MillieB

Comment

[QUOTE=MillieB;650049]Oh, so i should have done that already then? So i just literally write to mortimer clarke as follows....

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to you to make an agreement to use standard directions as set out in CPR28.

Yours Sincerely

MillieB[/QUOTE

Yes Millie.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] all done, filled in, printed off and posted Couldnt have done it without your help.

Now just to wait. Am i right in thinking the claimant would have one of these to fill in and send me a copy, as i have them? I havent received anything yet.

MillieB

Comment

• Re: Need Help Writing a Fully Pleaded Defence

Thanks @nemesis45 all done, filled in, printed off and posted Couldnt have done it without your help.

Now just to wait. Am i right in thinking the claimant would have one of these to fill in and send me a copy, as i have them? I havent received anything yet.

MillieB
                      Happy to help Millie!

Yes you will get a copy of their questionnaire.

nem

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] . It is the 27th (deadline day) and i havent had their copy. Is there anything i should do now, or just wait?

Thanks

Comment

Hi @nemesis45 . It is the 27th (deadline day) and i havent had their copy. Is there anything i should do now, or just wait?

Thanks
                          It's a wait and see now Millie I hope we have covered all the bases!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            It's a wait and see now Millie I hope we have covered all the bases!!

nem
                            I hope so too.

Dont they have to serve theirs to me too, by the date?

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] i really cant thank you enough for all of your help!

I was waiting for the directions questionnaire which i received. Today i received a letter from Mortimer Clarke with a consent order for me to sign. They are bringing proceedings to an end and will not pursue the remaining balance.

I can not express how happy i am and how grateful i am for all of your help

MillieB

Comment

@nemesis45 i really cant thank you enough for all of your help!

I was waiting for the directions questionnaire which i received. Today i received a letter from Mortimer Clarke with a consent order for me to sign. They are bringing proceedings to an end and will not pursue the remaining balance.

I can not express how happy i am and how grateful i am for all of your help

MillieB
                                That's a great result Millie well done!!

Made my day after all that hope has been realised!!

nem.
                                [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] could you mark MiilieB;s thread WON please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X