• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** B W LEGAL Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B W LEGAL Claim Form

Hi hope all well, I've still had nothing from Lowell or Bwl, I've called the courts and they've said they've been notified that Bwl wish to proceed, the courts are in the process of sending out a direction questionnaire. Where do I go now, they've not provided any of the info such as the CCA which doesn't exist and they claim that the debt isn't statute barred, they e cashed the postal order but provided nothing. Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dicklett View Post
      Hi hope all well, I've still had nothing from Lowell or Bwl, I've called the courts and they've said they've been notified that Bwl wish to proceed, the courts are in the process of sending out a direction questionnaire. Where do I go now, they've not provided any of the info such as the CCA which doesn't exist and they claim that the debt isn't statute barred, they e cashed the postal order but provided nothing. Thanks so much.
      BW and Lowell use the threat of going forward with the claim in the hope of scaring people into giving up and paying.
      As long as Lowell is in breach of the CCA request it cannot enforce the debt.

Why is it claimed the debt is Not statute barred.

nem

Comment

Don't worry, as hard as it sounds wait for the directions questionnaire to come and that will be your next step...

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          BW and Lowell use the threat of going forward with the claim in the hope of scaring people into giving up and paying.
          As long as Lowell is in breach of the CCA request it cannot enforce the debt.

Why is it claimed the debt is Not statute barred.

nem
          They claim that the default date was June 2010 therefore not statute barred. My last acknowledgement of it was November 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Nem define "in breach of the CCA" cheers

Comment

Not complied with a lawful request for information.
            nem

Comment

Thank you Nem & Stu82.....

And so....... Today I've received the Directions Questionnaire from the court, along with a letter from BWL advising me that Lowell intends to continue with the claim. I STILL have not received any information that i requested in the CPR31.14 and the CCA request, but I'm not really surprised by this....

Do i have to make anyone aware such as the court or send further letters to BWL/Lowell requesting the information again, even though they're now outside the timescale allowed for providing this information ? I am listening to to everyones advice and do feel that BWL are just playing along, but i feel like i should be doing more to make them aware about it being statute barred and the lack of response from them, i don know......

Their only response to it being statute barred was "our client has instructed that you breached your agreement with the originating creditor on 1st june 2010, our clients cause of action runs from the date of the breach above, accordingly our clients claim is not statute barred.

I havnet responded to this, i have double checked and my last acknowledgment of the debt was a payment in November 2009, nothing else after this and telefonicas records reflect this. They registered a default in June 2010.

Should i be doing anything else now ? Many thanks as always for your help.

Comment

Thank you Nem & Stu82.....

And so....... Today I've received the Directions Questionnaire from the court, along with a letter from BWL advising me that Lowell intends to continue with the claim. I STILL have not received any information that i requested in the CPR31.14 and the CCA request, but I'm not really surprised by this....

Do i have to make anyone aware such as the court or send further letters to BWL/Lowell requesting the information again, even though they're now outside the timescale allowed for providing this information ? I am listening to to everyones advice and do feel that BWL are just playing along, but i feel like i should be doing more to make them aware about it being statute barred and the lack of response from them, i don know......

Their only response to it being statute barred was "our client has instructed that you breached your agreement with the originating creditor on 1st june 2010, our clients cause of action runs from the date of the breach above, accordingly our clients claim is not statute barred.

I havnet responded to this, i have double checked and my last acknowledgment of the debt was a payment in November 2009, nothing else after this and telefonicas records reflect this. They registered a default in June 2010.

Should i be doing anything else now ? Many thanks as always for your help.
                Hi,

Complete the DQ and send a copy to the court and the claimant keeping a copy for yourself.

For clarification please:

Date of last payment/acknowledgment ?

nem

Comment

last Payment was 27th November 2009

Do i just send the DQ, do i need to send any kind of covering letter with it ?

Comment

last Payment was 27th November 2009

Do i just send the DQ, do i need to send any kind of covering letter with it ?
                    No the form is part off the court process nothing else is needed at this point,

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem, what about info I've requested, do i need to chase them again ?

Comment

Thanks Nem, what about info I've requested, do i need to chase them again ?
                        You can chase CPR request, leave CCA alone.

nem

Comment

will this work in my favour with their failure to produce the requested info ? "should" it go to court ?

Comment

will this work in my favour with their failure to produce the requested info ? "should" it go to court ?
                            Without the CCA they cannot enforce the debt.

nem

Comment

Hi, i have to submit the DQ by 2/6/16 so this getting posted off today.

C1on the form asks i agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case yes or no, i don't agree to any of it so what do i select ? If i choose No what do i put as the reason ? any other advise for completing it ?

Cheers

Comment

Morning Nem, need further guidance,

As you know the particulars of claim on the claim form state that the sum owed is for a mobile telecoms agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and telefonica........

Previously i hadn't heard anything back ref the CCA request or the CPR31.14, I've emailed BWL to chase the CPR31.14 and reminded them of their obligation but nothing through yet.

Today i have received a letter and a £1 cheque refund from Lowell advising me : "Please find enclosed our refund cheque for £1.00 as this account is not governed by the provisions of the consumer credit act 1974, please be advised your account is being managed by BW Legal who will be in contact.

So what does this mean, the claim states my account is regulated by the CCA ? Have they fudged up ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X