• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** B W LEGAL Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B W LEGAL Claim Form

[QUOTE=dicklett;642232]Good afternoon,

Today i have received a letter that reads.... we acknowledge your letter and the contents have been noted. Our client has instructed us that you breached your agreement with the original creditor on 1st June 2010. Our clients cause of action runs from the date of this breach. Accordingly our clients claim is not statute barred.

we are currently awaiting documentation which has been requested from your original creditor. we will try to provide these documents as soon as possible but this is contingent on receiving the documents from them within a reasonable timescale.

Yours blah blah

I have checked my credit file and it states that the default date was 1st June 2010.... with Lowell Portfolio.

I have done some digging with the creditor as i have a friend that works there, a payment plan was set up and a payment made in November 2009, the next payment due was December 2009 which didn't happen and no further payment or payment plan or contact was maintained following that.

Should i now wait for BWL to provide the info to prove that it is not statute barred or do i need to send off another letter to them ?

Many thanks again[/QUOTEThe OC will have originated the CRA entry Lowell can only update with it's information and cannot change the default date placed by the OC, perhaps your friend could confirm.

nem

Comment

Sorry Nem, could you explain that a bit more for me, are you saying that Lowell are quoting the date it defaulted with them ?...im not sure i understand what your giving me ?...sorry

So far, the info i have is that a payment plan was set up prior to November 2009, the last payment was made Nov 2009, December 2009 payment didn't happen and thats when the account shut down. I haven't paid anything nor made contact with them since this time. Statute barred will go from this time in Nov 2009 will it not ? I am sorry if i repeat myself, just a tad worried and want to make sure I'm doing this right. Im not sure where BWL get this default date of June 2010 from , it could be the account with telefonica defaulted in june 2010 and was then passed to Lowell. if so then the SB date will still run from the last payment /contact in Nov 2009 won't it ? Will have more info tomorrow. In the mean time do i need to take any further action with BWL or do i wait to come to me with the info requested and keep checking MCO to see if they've progressed with the claim there ? Thanks a mill.

Comment

Originally posted by dicklett View Post
        Sorry Nem, could you explain that a bit more for me, are you saying that Lowell are quoting the date it defaulted with them ?...im not sure i understand what your giving me ?...sorry

So far, the info i have is that a payment plan was set up prior to November 2009, the last payment was made Nov 2009, December 2009 payment didn't happen and thats when the account shut down. I haven't paid anything nor made contact with them since this time. Statute barred will go from this time in Nov 2009 will it not ? I am sorry if i repeat myself, just a tad worried and want to make sure I'm doing this right. Im not sure where BWL get this default date of June 2010 from , it could be the account with telefonica defaulted in june 2010 and was then passed to Lowell. if so then the SB date will still run from the last payment /contact in Nov 2009 won't it ? Will have more info tomorrow. In the mean time do i need to take any further action with BWL or do i wait to come to me with the info requested and keep checking MCO to see if they've progressed with the claim there ? Thanks a mill.
        Lowell did not place or register the default date this I s done by the original creditor Lowell / BW no one can change it. It you believe the default date reported now is wrong this should be challenged with the OC.

nem

Comment

Is there a specific letter i should be sending them to challenge it or should i just send them the stature barred letter ? I have a bit more info too, not sure if this helps my case or not.... when the phone agreement was taken out, it was done so in somebody else's name, it was a staff perk tariff, never signed for or set up by me, the name on the account was then simply changed for billing purposes. The person no longer works for telefonica having moved on to bigger and better things, but there will never be a credit agreement or any agreement that i have signed or agreed to as the account was set up in someone else's name.

Is my best course of action just to wait it out and wait for BWL to send me the info i have asked for in the CPR31.14 which will never present itself with my name on, or can you suggest what letter i might send to telefonica challenging the date ?
          Thanks

Comment

Is there a specific letter i should be sending them to challenge it or should i just send them the stature barred letter ? I have a bit more info too, not sure if this helps my case or not.... when the phone agreement was taken out, it was done so in somebody else's name, it was a staff perk tariff, never signed for or set up by me, the name on the account was then simply changed for billing purposes. The person no longer works for telefonica having moved on to bigger and better things, but there will never be a credit agreement or any agreement that i have signed or agreed to as the account was set up in someone else's name.

Is my best course of action just to wait it out and wait for BWL to send me the info i have asked for in the CPR31.14 which will never present itself with my name on, or can you suggest what letter i might send to telefonica challenging the date ?
            Thanks
            More info on this perk arrangement please.

nem

Comment

Nem, let's say Hilda smith works for Telefonica, one of the staff perks are that they can have upto 3 mobile accounts for family members/friends, however these are in Hilda's name.... The account is set up and I begin to get bills in Hilda's name, to make things easier for billing purposes the name and address on the invoice is changed to mine... No agreement to sign just 4 fields on screen to update.

Comment

Hi, sorry to keep asking but should i be sending off any other letters now to BWL or elsewhere or is it a waiting game ? Not sure what to do next...

Many thanks

Comment

Nem, let's say Hilda smith works for Telefonica, one of the staff perks are that they can have upto 3 mobile accounts for family members/friends, however these are in Hilda's name.... The account is set up and I begin to get bills in Hilda's name, to make things easier for billing purposes the name and address on the invoice is changed to mine... No agreement to sign just 4 fields on screen to update.
                  So all invoices are in your name and by using the service and paying the bills you then take full responsibility / liability for the account?

nem

Comment

i guess so

Comment

i guess so
                      Why did payments cease?
                      Was the arrangement cancelled by you or the service provider?

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, the payment stopped by me as there was a dispute with the account, can you tell me though do i need to be sending any further letters off to either BWL or telefocina ? cheers

Comment

Hi Nem, the payment stopped by me as there was a dispute with the account, can you tell me though do i need to be sending any further letters off to either BWL or telefocina ? cheers
                          I wonder if there is actually any " service contract" in existence given the way the account was set up.

Save me going over 50+ posts did you actually sign anything?

nem

Comment

Definitely not Nem, never signed anything..... But could the fact that I paid for services, is that not an agreement in itself ? Thanks for your time with this ..

Comment

Definitely not Nem, never signed anything..... But could the fact that I paid for services, is that not an agreement in itself ? Thanks for your time with this ..
                              The particulars of claim: Does it state and agreement between You and The Service Provider?

nem

Comment

the wording is .....being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a mobile telecoms agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and telefoonica uk ltd...........the defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with. (which is rubbish as i never heard anything more from telfonica)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X