• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED*** Help.. Received a Claim form!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help.. Received a Claim form!

HI again [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], Does this statement sound okay?
    Thanks
    Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

Just making a couple amendments for you xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks,much appreciated [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Okay more on these lines - you can email it to the court ( with the exhibits - if you can get them all on one document ( print to PDF maybe) then that better) - need to put it in just before 4pm tomorrow.

IN THE CHELTENHAM AND GLOUCESTER COUNTY COURT
          Claim No: XXXX
          BETWEEN:
          Lowell Portfolio I LTD
          Claimant
          - and –
          Defendant
          XXXXXX

WITNESS STATEMENT OF XXXXXX

I XXXXX being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;
          1. I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.
          2. I received the claim in this case on 12/12/16. The Particulars of Claim were vague and I require more information from the Claimant in order to assess my case effectively.
          3. On the 16/12/15 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell portfolio pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee. (EXHIBIT A)
          4. On the 16/12/15 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell solicitors limited. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment. (EXHIBIT B)
          5. On the 25/5/2016 I received an order dated ??????? from District Judge Singleton at Cheltenham County Court which ordered “The claimant do by 25 May 2016 file and serve a Reply to defence” and “copies of all the documents he intends to rely upon at the final hearing” (EXHIBIT C)
          6. I did not receive a reply to defence or copies of any documents from the Claimant.
          7. On 28/5/2016 I wrote to the Cheltenham County Court to inform the Judge that the order dated xxxxxxxx had not been complied with by the Claimant. (EXHIBIT D)
          8. On 30/5/16 I telephone the Cheltenham County Court and was informed nothing had been received.
          9. On 18/6/16 I received a further order dated ??????? from District Judge Singleton which stated the court had received my letter dated 28/5/16 and ordered that “Claimant do fully comply with the order of 7 May 2016” “by 4pm on 21 June 2016, failing which the Claimant’s claim do stand struck out” (EXHIBIT E)
          10. I have received nothing from the Claimant and therefore respectfully request the Court strike out the Claimant’s claim.
          11. Should I receive documents from the Claimant after submitting my Witness Statement and before 4pm on 21st June 2016 I will be in a position to be able to amend my Defence and Witness Statement accordingly. I would request the court takes this into account when considering the sanctions consequences of the order dated ??????? (EXHIBIT E).

Statement of Truth

I, XXXXXX, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated:
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] thanks so much,sounds much better
            and thanks,i didn't realise i could email them,so will do this tomorrow morning to give me time to attatch all the exhibits. Regarding exhibit A,B would i send copies of letters i sent them,or receipts/proof of postage as i kept them too?

Comment

Hi it's me again ,
              I have emailed my Witness statement and Exhibits (had to attatch one document as could not get it onto one document,so hope thats okay)
              Anyway all emailed and had a automated reply email with a section that reads
              (In accordance with HMCTS policy, your email will be dealt with or responded to within 10 working days following date of receipt and will not necessarily take priority over items sent by post.)

Will that still mean that i got my witness statement in on time even if not looked at today?
              Let's hope that the Judge decides in my favour and has the claim struck out. Still have not received anything from Lowell either.
              Thanks for all your help since December when this all started.
              Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattty View Post
                Hi it's me again ,
                I have emailed my Witness statement and Exhibits (had to attatch one document as could not get it onto one document,so hope thats okay)
                Anyway all emailed and had a automated reply email with a section that reads
                (In accordance with HMCTS policy, your email will be dealt with or responded to within 10 working days following date of receipt and will not necessarily take priority over items sent by post.)

Will that still mean that i got my witness statement in on time even if not looked at today?
                Let's hope that the Judge decides in my favour and has the claim struck out. Still have not received anything from Lowell either.
                Thanks for all your help since December when this all started.
                Matt
                Should be fine Matty.

nem

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                  let's hope the end to all this is near
                  Can't thank you and others enough for all your help.:clap2:

Comment

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask your advice,
                    Do you think i should give the court a call? Obviously myself and lowell had till 21st june to get documents in ect which i did,should i call court to see if lowell have complied,see if it has been struck out as it was stated it would be if either parties failed to comply?
                    I still ha;ve not received anything from Lowell or Lowell solicitors so i would of thought they have not. the hearing was original planned for 7th july so its getting close.
                    Thanks

Comment

Ring and ask them the state of the case - probably stayed/struck out by now!

Comment

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask your advice,
                        Do you think i should give the court a call? Obviously myself and lowell had till 21st june to get documents in ect which i did,should i call court to see if lowell have complied,see if it has been struck out as it was stated it would be if either parties failed to comply?
                        I still ha;ve not received anything from Lowell or Lowell solicitors so i would of thought they have not. the hearing was original planned for 7th july so its getting close.
                        Thanks
                        Bear in mind that courts don't work weekend and a backlog in the system so just 5 days inc. today since submission of WS.

No more from Lowell/solicitors?

nem

Comment

Thanks and [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] nope still nothing from Lowell/solicitors. Just getting concerned as the original hearing for the case is 7th July that i can not attend becuase of work. Just didn't know whether to ring and explain that aswell as asking if it has been struck out "fingers crosssed"
                          matt

Comment

Thanks and @nemesis45 nope still nothing from Lowell/solicitors. Just getting concerned as the original hearing for the case is 7th July that i can not attend becuase of work. Just didn't know whether to ring and explain that aswell as asking if it has been struck out "fingers crosssed"
                            matt
                            No chance of time off Matty?

You can ask the court to consider the claim with reply to it in your absence but it is risky.

nem

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] i already asked for time off,but too many people already off that week so highly doubt it. I just about managed to get a hour off a few weeks back for my wives antenatal appointment (scan as we are expecting).
                              will give them a call tomorrow i think ask the state of claim and take it from there,hopefully they can reschedule if need be
                              thanks
                              matty

Comment

@nemesis45 i already asked for time off,but too many people already off that week so highly doubt it. I just about managed to get a hour off a few weeks back for my wives antenatal appointment (scan as we are expecting).
                                will give them a call tomorrow i think ask the state of claim and take it from there,hopefully they can reschedule if need be
                                thanks
                                matty
                                I's hate to see you lose over an hour or so off work.

Good luck Matty.
                                I'm away for couple of days from tomorrow pm wont have much access to the net.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X