• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED*** Help.. Received a Claim form!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help.. Received a Claim form!

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] just got off the phone.
    The lady started by saying she needed a summary from me ect ect and said she would call me back in 10mins when spoken to Lowell first. So stopped her to say that i felt mediation may not be able to proceed as lowell/solicitors have not provided me with documents requested ect ect.

She was quite abrupt and said it was up to me if i mediate,so i said i felt that i could not today as what i said above....
    She then said okay she would refer it back to the courts!

Comment

Originally posted by mattty View Post
      Hi @nemesis45 just got off the phone.
      The lady started by saying she needed a summary from me ect ect and said she would call me back in 10mins when spoken to Lowell first. So stopped her to say that i felt mediation may not be able to proceed as lowell/solicitors have not provided me with documents requested ect ect.

She was quite abrupt and said it was up to me if i mediate,so i said i felt that i could not today as what i said above....
      She then said okay she would refer it back to the courts!
      That's very unusual the mediators are usually very careful about making sure defendants have all the documents need to put their side of the story.
      You will now get directions from your local court in due course.

nem

Comment

Thanks for your help,im sure i will need it again soon as have not got a clue what to do if i have to go to court

Comment

What happened in the end Matty?

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and everyone that has helped so far

i have now received this letter yesterday(probably received last week but been away so just got post).
            by what i can make out,Lowell had until 25th may to get documents to me and the court (received nothing) i also checked online (moneyclaim) and nothing has been stated on there to say lowell have submitted anything or paid the fees this letter asks for,but not sure if it would.

what are my next moves, it say i need to supply documents by june 1st so need get my skates on..should i just be going over points made in my defence as i am still yet to receive any documents from lowell or solicitors that requested aswell as anything else from them??
            Also the letter states the judge has said mediation would be best action to take ect,however i tried that before but could not proceed as have had no documents?
            Thanks in advance
            Attached Files

Comment

sorry the second letter that was also enclosed stating directions for you to see too
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi @nemesis45 and everyone that has helped so far

i have now received this letter yesterday(probably received last week but been away so just got post).
                by what i can make out,Lowell had until 25th may to get documents to me and the court (received nothing) i also checked online (moneyclaim) and nothing has been stated on there to say lowell have submitted anything or paid the fees this letter asks for,but not sure if it would.

what are my next moves, it say i need to supply documents by june 1st so need get my skates on..should i just be going over points made in my defence as i am still yet to receive any documents from lowell or solicitors that requested aswell as anything else from them??
                Also the letter states the judge has said mediation would be best action to take ect,however i tried that before but could not proceed as have had no documents?
                Thanks in advance
                Unless I'm missing something the judge has not ordered you to do anything, the order is for the claimant to respond to your defence?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Unless I'm missing something the judge has not ordered you to do anything, the order is for the claimant to respond to your defence?

nem
                  paragraph 2 is for the Defendant to do his docs by 1st June, however that seems to be reliant on Lowell doing their bit by 25th May - so RING THE COURT and tell them you have received nothing from the Claimant so you have really nothing to include in your bundle as you have not been provided with any documents or evidence of the claim, and that the claimant hasn't paid the hearing fee. They should put it to the Judge but tbh I would try and put something in to court before the 1st - even if just a short witness statement to state that you have received nothing, so that you can be seen to have complied with your side. Wish the Judges would put unless sanctions on these kinds of orders, would make life a whole lot simpler.

Actually it does say at the top that you should notify the court in writing and it be referred to the district judge - so follow that instruction ( but I'd call them as well )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

sorry [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] the directions were in the 2nd picture sent

Okay thanks [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], will get a letter in post today as obviously with it being bank holiday it does not leave me much time. Will try and give the court a call today but if no luck getting through (as have had problems before in afternoon) then i will call then first thing tuesday just to say what you have said and to confirm letter posted off to them and Lowell.
                    Thankyou again for your help, just wish Lowell would give up as they never comply with directions from court and obviously have nothing as they have made no contact with me

Comment

• Re: Help.. Received a Claim form!

Thank you [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] I have a black panel across the middle of the document and can see para 1 & 3 I had presumed it had been redacted for some reason.

nem

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] Thankyou
                        Rang the court today and explained that i still have received nothing from Lowell and i got through to Mrs Grumpy again,hahaha she didn't really give me any info regarding anything she just said "okay well can you put this in writing to us" which i told her that i had and they should receive today/tomorrow as was posted before bank holiday. To which she replied " it will then be put to judge,goodbye".
                        So i take it,it is just another waiting game!

Comment

@Amethyst and @nemesis45 Thankyou
                          Rang the court today and explained that i still have received nothing from Lowell and i got through to Mrs Grumpy again,hahaha she didn't really give me any info regarding anything she just said "okay well can you put this in writing to us" which i told her that i had and they should receive today/tomorrow as was posted before bank holiday. To which she replied " it will then be put to judge,goodbye".
                          So i take it,it is just another waiting game!
                          Hello Matty,

I would be worth checking with the court again before the end of the week.

On Day bank holiday seems to have a big effect on the court offices and not to the good!

nem

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                            I received this latter from the court on saturday.
                            Looks like the court have not heard anything from Lowell either and now after me writing to inform the court i have not either they have gave them more time (till tomorrow)
                            Can i just ask,it say i need to comply with section 3 of last letter,which is sending my witness statements ect. What do i need to be sending to them today? As they know i have no documents at all from Lowell so am i just popping that in writing again to confirm that??
                            Thanks in advance
                            Matt
                            Attached Files

Comment

You just need to put in a witness statement stating that you have received nothing from the claimant. http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ness-Statement is an example WS.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] will have ago at writing one up now
                                Matt

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X