• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC/Lowell V Kelike28

Hi All,

BC replied to my email on Saturday saying its not possible for a response to be sent to me via email as the email address is not in the name they have me as (they have my previous surname from when i was married which i changed back to my maiden after divorcing). Surely lots of people dont have their full correct name as there email address? I however do but they wont accept this. What should my next steps be. Am i still playing the waiting game or should i have done something else by now?

Comment

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
      oh i see, how do i search for thses threads? Do i look up the name in the search box or go by started/last post by (membername )
      Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself very well, there are plenty of threads regarding BC in this section (Court Claims), you can just search for Bryan Carter.

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
      Hi All,

BC replied to my email on Saturday saying its not possible for a response to be sent to me via email as the email address is not in the name they have me as (they have my previous surname from when i was married which i changed back to my maiden after divorcing). Surely lots of people dont have their full correct name as there email address? I however do but they wont accept this. What should my next steps be. Am i still playing the waiting game or should i have done something else by now?
      They are just being (I would get banned if I said what I'm thinking :tape2. They have been communicating with you by email, haven't they? So why can't they reply to the same email they have? Most people I know don't have their full names as their email address, no. What was the response they couldn't send by email? Surely they can send it by post...

Comment

FP that is what I replied to BC... that because they had finally responded to my email sending them my AoS.. (which they said they hadn't got originally) also asking for an extension as they hadn't produced any documents as first requested. I was taking the fact they replied now (regardless as whether they thought it was me or not) as confirmation they'd received my AoS and that they should write to my home address as they had done in previous weeks. Shall wait with bated breath. What is my next move should I hear nothing? I have until 15th June when my 33 days are up I think. But since the first letter they sent me with claim form date its been 18 days

Comment

My 33 days are up the end of this week. Heard nothing from L...BC haven't agreed to an extension or sent me any documents. Can you confirm what my next step should be please

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself very well, there are plenty of threads regarding BC in this section (Court Claims), you can just search for Bryan Carter.

They are just being (I would get banned if I said what I'm thinking :tape2. They have been communicating with you by email, haven't they? So why can't they reply to the same email they have? Most people I know don't have their full names as their email address, no. What was the response they couldn't send by email? Surely they can send it by post...

FP,

Ive still not heard back by post or email. I run out of time Thursday i believe. I understand i am going to have to do my bit with submitting a defence by then but have also realised the claim form is in my married name, i got divorced in 4 years ago and reverted to my maiden name. I asked BC via email to amend the form but have still had no reply. Getting worried im running out of time. Should i inform the courts of anything between now and my deadline???

Thanks

Comment

You'll need to put a defence in saying that you don't have any documents for the debt - this is a draft from someones elses case just to get you started xx

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT (CCBC) CASE No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

BETWEEN:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CLAIMANT
              And

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              DEFENDANT

__________________________________________________ _____
              Defence

Preliminary Matters

1. The Claimants claim form fails to adequately or even accurately set out the nature of the Claim.

2. The Defendant avers that the Claimants pleadings are an abuse of process. The Claimants pleadings are lacking detail, there are no details as to when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default, despite requests for information from the Defendant, the Claimant has not provided any details as to how the sums claimed have accrued. Accordingly the Defendants contend that the pleadings are wholly inadequate for a contested matter and that the Claimant should be required to plead its case coherently and accurately as required by the CPR 16 and PD 16. The Defendants reserve the right to replead their defence should the Claimant replead its claim adequately

3. The Defendant accepts the claim was issued in the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre and that there are restrictions on pleading. However the bulk centre rules clearly state that if you cannot plead in the allowed number of characters then you should not use the Bulk Centre or in the alternative the Claimant was at liberty to issue and set out that particulars were to follow.

The Claim

4. The Defendant believes this claim may relate to a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with but without further details is unable to be certain.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The sparse particulars of claim state that the account was assigned fromxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to Lowell Portfolio onxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. Upon the Claimant clarifying matters set out above the Defendant reserves his position to amend this Defence further. The Defendant shall seek the costs of the amendments from the Claimant due to the Claimants failure to plead its case adequately.

8. In respect of matters, which the Defendant is able to plead to, on the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the Defendant made a request for information to the Claimant. The request was made pursuant to s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 to ascertain the agreement, which the Claimant was demanding payment under and to obtain further information about the terms of the contract.

9. The Claimant has failed to disclose any documents relating to their claim to the Defendant.

10. Accordingly the Claimant has failed to comply with s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (4) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. The Defendant has not yet been able to examine the terms and conditions which were in force at the time that the agreement was executed and therefore reserves the right to amend these pleadings to address any breaches that are identified if such terms and conditions are disclosed by the Claimant. The amendment will be due to the lack of disclosure by the Claimant and the failure to respond to the s78 CCA 1974 request correctly and the Defendant therefore also reserves the right to claim the costs of such amendment from the Claimant.

12. The Defendant has also sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in their statement of case as allowed under CPR 31.14. The Claimant has failed to respond.

12. For the avoidance of doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the legible documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to replead, then the Defendant reserves the right to apply for whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.

Default Notice

17. It is denied that the original creditor, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

18. Due to the Claimants failure to allow the Defendant to inspect the Default notice alluded to within the Claim form the Defendant is prejudiced.

Accordingly the Defendant reserves his position to amend this Defence with the costs of the same paid by the Claimant if the Claimant provides a copy of the Default Notice.

Notice of sums in arrears.

19. It is denied that the Claimant has served notice of sums in arrears pursuant to s86B Consumer Credit Act 1974. A notice of sums in arrears in a condition precedent on enforcement and therefore the Claimant is not entitled to enforce the agreement.

Conclusion
              20. Accordingly, the Defendant avers that

20.1. The Claimant has failed to plead properly in this matter and has failed to provide any information relating to this debt.

20.2. The Claimant has not complied with s78 or 86, and 87 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore cannot enforce the agreement.

20.3. Therefore, the Claimants Claim should be dismissed and the Claimant should pay the Defendants costs.

Statement of Truth
              The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………
              Dated
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                You'll need to put a defence in saying that you don't have any documents for the debt - this is a draft from someones elses case just to get you started xx

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT (CCBC) CASE No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

BETWEEN:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                CLAIMANT
                And

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                DEFENDANT

Defence

Preliminary Matters

1. The Claimants claim form fails to adequately or even accurately set out the nature of the Claim.

2. The Defendant avers that the Claimants pleadings are an abuse of process. The Claimants pleadings are lacking detail, there are no details as to when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default, despite requests for information from the Defendant, the Claimant has not provided any details as to how the sums claimed have accrued. Accordingly the Defendants contend that the pleadings are wholly inadequate for a contested matter and that the Claimant should be required to plead its case coherently and accurately as required by the CPR 16 and PD 16. The Defendants reserve the right to replead their defence should the Claimant replead its claim adequately

3. The Defendant accepts the claim was issued in the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre and that there are restrictions on pleading. However the bulk centre rules clearly state that if you cannot plead in the allowed number of characters then you should not use the Bulk Centre or in the alternative the Claimant was at liberty to issue and set out that particulars were to follow.

The Claim

4. The Defendant believes this claim may relate to a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?????with but without further details is unable to be certain.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The sparse particulars of claim state that the account was assigned fromxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to Lowell Portfolio onxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. ???? (no idea of a date, how would i find this out) The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. Upon the Claimant clarifying matters set out above the Defendant reserves his position to amend this Defence further. The Defendant shall seek the costs of the amendments from the Claimant due to the Claimants failure to plead its case adequately.

8. In respect of matters, which the Defendant is able to plead to, on the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the Defendant made a request for information to the Claimant. The request was made pursuant to s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 to ascertain the agreement, which the Claimant was demanding payment under and to obtain further information about the terms of the contract.

9. The Claimant has failed to disclose any documents relating to their claim to the Defendant.

10. Accordingly the Claimant has failed to comply with s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. The Defendant has not yet been able to examine the terms and conditions which were in force at the time that the agreement was executed and therefore reserves the right to amend these pleadings to address any breaches that are identified if such terms and conditions are disclosed by the Claimant. The amendment will be due to the lack of disclosure by the Claimant and the failure to respond to the s78 CCA 1974 request correctly and the Defendant therefore also reserves the right to claim the costs of such amendment from the Claimant.

12. The Defendant has also sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in their statement of case as allowed under CPR 31.14. The Claimant has failed to respond.

12. For the avoidance of doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the legible documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to replead, then the Defendant reserves the right to apply for whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.

Default Notice

17. It is denied that the original creditor, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

18. Due to the Claimants failure to allow the Defendant to inspect the Default notice alluded to within the Claim form the Defendant is prejudiced.

Accordingly the Defendant reserves his position to amend this Defence with the costs of the same paid by the Claimant if the Claimant provides a copy of the Default Notice.

Notice of sums in arrears.

19. It is denied that the Claimant has served notice of sums in arrears pursuant to s86B Consumer Credit Act 1974. A notice of sums in arrears in a condition precedent on enforcement and therefore the Claimant is not entitled to enforce the agreement.

Conclusion
                20. Accordingly, the Defendant avers that

20.1. The Claimant has failed to plead properly in this matter and has failed to provide any information relating to this debt.

20.2. The Claimant has not complied with s78 or 86, and 87 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore cannot enforce the agreement.

20.3. Therefore, the Claimants Claim should be dismissed and the Claimant should pay the Defendants costs.

Statement of Truth
                The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………
                Dated
                Woudl i send all of my proof of delviery copies and letters to BC and L with this?

Sorry - ive also put in bold italic and underlined against parts im unsure about
                Last edited by Amethyst; 25th June 2014, 07:13:AM. Reason: 78(6)

Comment

4. The Defendant believes this claim may relate to a LOAN / CREDIT CARD / BANK ACCOUNT / MOBILE PHONE etc with but without further details is unable to be certain.

Date of Assignment - if it isn't on the claim form just change to something like '' 6. The sparse particulars of claim state that the account was assigned from ORIGINAL CREDITOR NAME to CLAIMANT NAME ( COMPANY NOT THE SOLS) however no date of assignment has been given and the Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment."
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok great should I print this.. adding to it my details and send with my royal mail proofs etc and the letters I originally sent to bc and l?

Comment

What ever I do I've point got until tomorrow for them to recieve by Friday

Comment

4. The Defendant believes this claim may relate to a LOAN / CREDIT CARD / BANK ACCOUNT / MOBILE PHONE etc with but without further details is unable to be certain.

Date of Assignment - if it isn't on the claim form just change to something like '' 6. The sparse particulars of claim state that the account was assigned from ORIGINAL CREDITOR NAME to CLAIMANT NAME ( COMPANY NOT THE SOLS) however no date of assignment has been given and the Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment."
                        TODAY IS THE DAY.

Please can you tell me what else I send with the defence (one copied from above but edited for me). Proof of postage and copies of letters to bc and l? Is that all? Or should there be something else? Do I inform bc of what I'm doing or just leave it to the courts?
                        Thanks

Comment

You don't need to send copies of letters although I do think its a good idea to send a copy of your CPR and CCA requests with it, and no need to contact BC, they know the deadline.

They'll have a month or so to respond to court as to whether they wish to continue.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

You don't need to send copies of letters although I do think its a good idea to send a copy of your CPR and CCA requests with it, and no need to contact BC, they know the deadline.

They'll have a month or so to respond to court as to whether they wish to continue.

So no kind of order? Or money to be paid? Just the defence and copies of cca and cpr....
                            Thanks again

Comment

Yes indeed.

We're not doing the N244 application for small claims because, basically, the courts aren't dealing with them properly (in our view), unless you happen to have the £155 and can afford to lose it, but you should still file a defence as well.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes indeed.

We're not doing the N244 application for small claims because, basically, the courts aren't dealing with them properly (in our view), unless you happen to have the £155 and can afford to lose it, but you should still file a defence as well.
                                How are the courts not dealing properly with applications to provide?

Can an application to provide docs be submitted after defence has been submitted

Is it better to wait for the court to order provision of docs from the defence?

Should this application be go against what other costs could come back to the defendant

Onlyme again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X