• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC/Lowell V Kelike28

Ok give the court a buzz and ask if they have received anything from the claimant, and explain the WS's were due in 14 days before the hearing and check they received your okay, and ask what happens if the claimants fail to file anything. They probably won't be much help - it will probably be a case of 'see what the judge says' but hopefully it will get some action BEFORE you get to the hearing.

If they don't get the WS and documents they intend to rely on in to court as ordered then they shouldn't be able to produce any documents at the hearing either. But as we've seen a lot before the Judge could just adjourn and give them more time.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Ok give the court a buzz and ask if they have received anything from the claimant, and explain the WS's were due in 14 days before the hearing and check they received your okay, and ask what happens if the claimants fail to file anything. They probably won't be much help - it will probably be a case of 'see what the judge says' but hopefully it will get some action BEFORE you get to the hearing.

If they don't get the WS and documents they intend to rely on in to court as ordered then they shouldn't be able to produce any documents at the hearing either. But as we've seen a lot before the Judge could just adjourn and give them more time.
      Ok great will give court a buzz this afternoon. Thanks for that xx

Comment

Have just spoke to the court and a very nice lady told me the hearing is now vacated. There were notes of a discontinuance that she read out but said i should perhaps contact BC if I needed to but as it stands and she read from her screen there is no hearing for me to attend? Am I Ok to breath a sigh of relief or not? ?????

Comment

lol, they'll probably leave it until the day before to tell you they have discontinued.... let them think they have got one over on you for a bit...no need to contact them, just give the court another call the day before the hearing if you've still had no paperwork just to be certain nothings changed, but yes I'd be breathing a little sigh of relief for now.... do the big sighs once you get the paperwork though

All sounding very good though, so a tentative congratulations to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Bloody hell, this thread started in May .................. utter to$$er$ aren't they !
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Bloody hell, this thread started in May .................. utter to$$er$ aren't they !
              I know the buggers lol!

Ok I shall do as you advise. Everything so far on this site especially from yourself has proved invaluable. Little teeny breaths of relief until next week and I shall call the court again. Fingers crossed I wasn't given the wrong info. Keys see how long the clowns leave it to advise me. So they wasted the hearing fee or do they get a refund. If and when I get a letter from them discontinuing... is that then it????

Comment

Sadly yes they can get a refund so long as they notify at least 7 days before the hearing.

Originally posted by EX50
                Small claim track hearing
                Where a hearing date has been fixed and before the hearing date, the court receives notice in writing at least 7 days before the hearing date that the case is settled or discontinued the hearing fee will be refunded in full.
                Actually good point, as there's a couple other hearings on 29th so if they are going to be discontinued they should have informed the court by now so might be worth getting some peeps to phone the court.

When you get your notice of discontinuance that should be it
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sadly yes they can get a refund so long as they notify at least 7 days before the hearing.

Actually good point, as there's a couple other hearings on 29th so if they are going to be discontinued they should have informed the court by now so might be worth getting some peeps to phone the court.

When you get your notice of discontinuance that should be it
                  Ok brill Thanks again. Xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
                    Ok brill Thanks again. Xxxx
                    Yes I agree with others calling their hearing court. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't called. Ace advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
                      Yes I agree with others calling their hearing court. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't called. Ace advice.
                      Got my paper work Omg Omg Omg. Discontinued Yey. Looks like they did it as soon as they received my witness statement. Big huge massive Thanks to ask Legalbeagles and members with info to share.
                      Ame If I email you letters can you post up without my details?
                      How the bloominek can I thank you. Xxxxx
                      Last edited by kelike28; 22nd October 2014, 17:59:PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Attached Files
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Fantastic. Didn't expect congrats image. Love love love it. Go Beagles go Ame go Beagles go Ame

Comment

Fantastic. Didn't expect congrats image. Love love love it. Go Beagles go Ame go Beagles go Ame

I'm over the moon and then some

Comment

• Re: ** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Have a read back to the first few posts of your thread It's so nice you've won after everything xxxxxx

Wrong you had to go through this at all and hopefully the new debt protocols will sort that out for the future from next April, and not too many other people will have 5/6 months of stress. If a claim comes in it will be backed up with the paperwork from Day 1 and we won't have to play bloody chess games with the buggers.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: ** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Not, with the brilliant advice you got, many congratulations to all involved xxxxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X